main version detection

fbungarz

main version detection

Post by fbungarz » 01 Jun 21 18:52

I have main version detection set to "first JPEG else RAW". That works well with the images that come as JPG+NEF pairs straight from my camera.
I also have a file naming mask for the print version set to "*_print.jpg". Again, that works well, with the images with that name extension.

But, where this does not work is with my scanned slides. The slides are all TIFF and when I use versioning, the files named "*_print.jpg" always get assigned as the main version and the TIFFs as a subversion. To change that I first need click each single version to make sure the TIFF is on top, then choose "select this as the main version", then make sure I individually select each "*_print.jpg" and choose to assign it to the print placeholder...

Doing this on hundreds of scanned images is very time-consuming...

Any chance, this can be modified, so that the TIFF gets recognized as the main version and the file naming mask will assign the print version placeholder to all images with the "*_print.jpg" in their name?

Perhaps by adding an option like: "first TIFF, then JPG, else RAW" ...?

[Hert; changed the title to better match the topic]

Hert

Re: main version issues

Post by Hert » 02 Jun 21 8:03

Main Version Rule.png
Main Version Rule.png (172.55 KiB) Viewed 316 times
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

fbungarz

Re: main version detection

Post by fbungarz » 03 Jun 21 20:03

That's great. I wasn't aware one can use custom masks for main version detection. Thanks for pointing that out.