GPS panel bug since updating

fbungarz

GPS panel bug since updating

Post by fbungarz » 19 May 21 2:05

Since the update to version 6 I now constantly get this annoying popup, when accessing the GPS panel:

If I click OK, it goes away and the panel functions without a glitch, no problems, everything works.
I meticulously followed the Google API setup guide, but it makes no difference. After each restart this error re-appears.
:(

[update Hert; deleted the attached file because it lists your private Google API key. Please be careful not to expose that on a public forum]

fbungarz

Re: GPS panel bug since updating

Post by fbungarz » 19 May 21 2:09

Since the error message mentions some gibberish about initializing language I thought this might be an issue with the Cloud Translation API, but it isn't. That API is installed:
GPS_scipt-error_API.jpg
GPS_scipt-error_API.jpg (38.28 KiB) Viewed 424 times
Could this error be caused by me using a German keyboard (DEU) with an US American Operating System?

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 19 May 21 9:39

Yes I get the GPS panel error on occasions, not everytime, but enough to be frustrating as you say a simple continue seems not to generate errors.
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Hert

Post by Hert » 19 May 21 9:53

First of all, I have deleted your screenshot because it shows your private Google API key. Please be careful not to expose that on a public forum.

That is a Google Script. Unfortunately Google raises that error every now and then. Not much that can be done about it, it will disappear shortly after. My experience is that when you ignore the error that all keeps running fine.
If this persists then try to reinstall PSU in administrator mode.

PS. As you can read in the release notes, no changes were made in the GPS panel in the latest build. Apparently you just got this error after installing that update.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 20 May 21 21:48

Oh, shoot. I didn't realize that it revealed the code. Thanks much for deleting !!!
Well, seems like I'll just have to live with it...