Image Preview not working as I would expect

Roman

Image Preview not working as I would expect

Post by Roman » 11 May 21 6:39

Running 6.1.0.3677 on Windows 10 with image preview configured to open on a second monitor.

I have issues when the Image Preview feature is active on a second monitor.
I don't know if it is an application problem or I am misinterpreting how things should work.
Here is the test sequence and what I would expect to happen:

1. When I start PS the Preview icon on the bottom right is greyed out.
2. I can select multiple images using either Ctl+Click of Shift+Click.
3. If I select an image and click the Preview icon the icon turns blue and the image is displayed on the second monitor.
4. If I select other images they are previewed on the second monitor as you would expect.
5. If I try to assign labels by selecting multiple images using Ctl+Click I am able to do so.
6. If I try to assign labels by selecting multiple images using Shift+Click I am NOT able to do so (I was expecting to be able to do so).
7. If I click the Preview icon again nothing happens, the icon remains blue and the image preview continues to be displayed on the second monitor (I was expecting the Preview to be switched off).
8. If I try to assign labels by selecting multiple images using Ctl+Click I am able to do so.
9. If I try to assign labels by selecting multiple images using Shift+Click I am NOT able to do so (I was expecting to be able to do so).
10. In addition to the image selection issue I also experience strange random behaviour such as selected images sometimes not being previewed and images being previewed when moused over.
11. If I select another folder the Preview on the second monitor is closed and the Preview icon is greyed out.
12. If I now try to select multiple images using Ctl+Click and Shift+Click I am able to do so (i.e. normal behaviour is restored).

Is this the expected behaviour?

Hert

Re: Image Preview not working as I would expect

Post by Hert » 12 May 21 8:47

When you have the viewer configured for display on a second monitor then stepping to the next/previous image in the viewer will also update the selection in the thumbs. The thumb selection follows the selected image in the viewer.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

Roman

Post by Roman » 12 May 21 10:58

Thanks for your reply Hert.
Maybe I didn't make my problem clear. My issue is related to selecting multiple thumbnails (to assign labels) when the viewer is active on the second monitor. If you follow my steps and note my expected results (in brackets) you should be able to see what I am experiencing.

Roman

Hert

Post by Hert » 13 May 21 11:05

The Shift+Click not working when the viewer is opened on a second monitor will be fixed in a future build. For now you can use the Ctrl+Click.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

Roman

Post by Roman » 15 May 21 13:57

Thanks Hert, sorry if this seems a trivial problem but the fix will be appreciated by me at least :-)