Search for images in multiple categories using Search window.

allthepix

Search for images in multiple categories using Search window.

Post by allthepix » 21 Apr 21 20:00

I can display images that are in both category_a and category_b by clicking on category_a and CTRL-ALT-CLICK on category_b. Each image displayed is then in both categories.

Is there a text equivalent of this selection that can be typed in the search window at top right corner to achieve the same selection?

Thanks!
Using Photo Supreme 6 (64 bit) to help manage family history images eg. from Church Registers and censuses.

Hert

Re: Search for images in multiple categories using Search window.

Post by Hert » 22 Apr 21 15:08

The Search Manual explains the advanced search capabilities of the Search Box by using search domains.

To get the result of CategoryA and CategoryB you could use something like

Code: Select all

CategoryA+CategoryB@CAT
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

allthepix

Re: Search for images in multiple categories using Search window.

Post by allthepix » 22 Apr 21 15:41

Yes, I have the QuickStart-Searching.pdf manual and have been trying various options but just can't get the search field to perform the selection.

Here's my example - there are 65 images with Category of Hawridge (a parish in Buckinghamshire.) Only one of these also has a Category of Pending (which I'm using to record that I've not yet finished evaluating the image.)

If I click the category of Hawridge and Ctrl-Alt-Click the category of Pending then I get only 1 item selected which is correct. If I search on PENDING+HAWRIDGE then PS returns 65 items which is not correct.

I've tried adding parenthesis, spaces, changing the case and adding @CAT or @PROP to the search but I just don't seem able to get the search to work.

It would be really helpful if you could kindly advise?

Snap99.jpg
Snap99.jpg (183.8 KiB) Viewed 148 times

Update : I've also managed to get to where I want with Dynamic Search. I'm a new user and gradually exploring the functionality. I just wonder why I can't achieve what I want with the Search field?

Snap101.jpg
Snap101.jpg (8.94 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Using Photo Supreme 6 (64 bit) to help manage family history images eg. from Church Registers and censuses.