upgraded to V6 and re-mapping folder does not work

fbungarz

Re: upgraded to V6 and re-mapping folder does not work

Post by fbungarz » 21 Apr 21 18:08

Can you try what happens when you disable BackBlaze and then restart PSU?
I did that already and it makes no difference:
Changed Drive letter to E:, Windows says it will continue to be used until restart, thus re-start, Backblaze tells me it does not work, since it cannot find F:. Thus I stop backblaze and do the remap in PSu, and tghen all as above:
E: gets remapped, 3310 folders, E: without count, F: with red dot, PSU restart (Backlbaze NOT running), only F with red dot, no E: drive...
Change drive letter to F:, restart PC, shut down backblaze, remap E: to F: in PSu, F: recognized, E: as red dot, restart PSu now F: with red dot, running your script, message that E: is missing, no message about F:
Note, I have two drives that PSU was always able to see, F: and G:

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Apr 21 18:21

Dont keep remapping. If the photos are on F then don’t remap anymore.

The scripts tests E and then F. You showed that E was reported as offline by the script. But It’s still not clear to me if the script reports F as offline.

And a side note: probably not, but you’re not running PSU in travel mode are you?
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 21 Apr 21 18:59

And a side note: probably not, but you’re not running PSU in travel mode are you?
Definitely not. If I was, all drives including the G: drive would be shown as offline.

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 21 Apr 21 19:01

Ahhrggg, the script reports F. as loaded, but the message only pops up when I click OK for the previous, where it says E: is not loaded.
Sorry...
8_PSU_6_mapping-fails.jpg
8_PSU_6_mapping-fails.jpg (100.8 KiB) Viewed 455 times

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 21 Apr 21 19:03

So, for some reason it tells me there is no E: drive, but the F: drive is loaded, even though PSu's GUID tells me otherwise...

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 21 Apr 21 19:52

I just tried something:
I put a USB stick into one of my USB ports and it got mounted as E:
Now PSu tells me that both F: and G: are online, but if I try to access a file from F:, it tells me the file cannot be found and some of the folders are marked in read as not there. But no matter, whether I try opening a file in the folders marked in red or in the folders not marked in red, the program always tells me the files cannot be found.

I can only assume that PSu tries to find the files on my USB stick mounted to E:, even though these files are supposed to be on the internal F: SATA drive.

Here is what this looks like:
9_PSU_6_mapping-fails.jpg
9_PSU_6_mapping-fails.jpg (205.97 KiB) Viewed 434 times

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 21 Apr 21 19:56

Curiously enough, if I try to map the drive, it shows it being mapped to F: already and not E: ...
10_PSU_6_mapping-fails.jpg
10_PSU_6_mapping-fails.jpg (127.22 KiB) Viewed 434 times
And if I run our script it tells me that both E: and F: are now online.

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Apr 21 22:00

As I mentioned before: stop relocating all the time. It’s useless and won’t change anything, a waste of your time. If the files are on F then relocate once to F and that’s it.

Since the script reports that the F drive is online, can you right click on a thumb and select to show the file in Windows Explorer? Is that option available and working?
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 22 Apr 21 16:07

I am not trying to relocate to F:. I know it is not working.
There is no right-click locate in Windows Explorer, but a "map to the correct physical file" only:
11_PSU_6_mapping-fails.jpg
11_PSU_6_mapping-fails.jpg (108.48 KiB) Viewed 337 times

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 22 Apr 21 16:09

For the G: drive that is mounted, that is different:
12_PSU_6_mapping-fails.jpg
12_PSU_6_mapping-fails.jpg (146.49 KiB) Viewed 337 times

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 22 Apr 21 16:15

As I mentioned before: stop relocating all the time. It’s useless and won’t change anything, a waste of your time. If the files are on F then relocate once to F and that’s it.
Yes, and your script tells me F: is loaded, E: is not, but the database only shows no E:, only F: & G:, F: as "not loaded", G as "loaded". When I add a USB stick that Windows mounts as E:, the script tells me both E: and F: are mounted. The database shows me F: and G: are both loaded, but when I right click any image in F:, the "locate in Windows Explorer" is not there, but only the "map to correct physical drive".

Using that shortcut, I can map to the correct physical drive (in F:, not E:), and PSU then detects the file. However, next PSu restart that file is no longer found and I am back to where I was, F: shown as not mounted.

Basically, I am almost certain that there is some internal reference messed up in the database, it looks for a drive letter E: instead of F:, even though the GUID suggests the missing drive is labeled F:.

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 22 Apr 21 16:19

I'll try doing a screenshot video a little later today. Have some other commitments in the morning.

Hert

Post by Hert » 22 Apr 21 17:42

Eventually I was able to reproduce it here. Build 3671 was released to fix this.
In your case, easiest to restore to the database from before the V6 upgrade first. Thank you for proving valuable input

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 23 Apr 21 2:10

Just running the update fixed it, no need to install a backup.
Thank you sooo much !!!
Frank