Cascade from this Version to the Version Set

gcorbin

Cascade from this Version to the Version Set

Post by gcorbin » 29 Mar 21 2:49

For my JPG & Raw version sets, I catalogue the JPGs of the version set and then I cascade the cataloguing to the Raws. (Some cataloguing is automatically cascaded from JPG to RAW but some such as rating is not and I wish cataloging to be the same for Raw and JPG.)

For Casade to Version Set, I tick all for possible options (Cascade Image Details (XMP), Cascade Ratings, Cascade Colour Labels, Cascade GEO Coordinates) and OK to cascade the cataloguing. This works well except when I do a Verify Folder All, most of the photos are out of sync and require syncing. (They were in sync prior to the cascade.) Syncing fixes the issue, but just takes additional time, a long time for a lot of images. Cascading has made the images out of sync in version 5 as well as in version 6 so is not a bug but maybe a feature. I am currently using 6.0.0.3625.

Should cascading make my photos out of sync or am I doing something wrong?

Hert

Re: Cascade from this Version to the Version Set

Post by Hert » 29 Mar 21 8:18

What would probably benefit you is the Cascade Metadata tweak as listed here:
https://michaelweidner.com/psu/

gcorbin

Re: Cascade from this Version to the Version Set

Post by gcorbin » 29 Mar 21 20:19

Thanks Hert. This solves cascading the rating, but does not solve copying the XMP. (dwc:Taxon.dwc:scientificName and dwc:Taxon.dwc:vernacularName for example).

Resynchronising in V6 is significantly faster than V5 but I was just hoping to avoid this step altogether. I would have expected that Cascade would keep things in sync.