V6 crashes after focusing out-of-synch image

Robosoc

V6 crashes after focusing out-of-synch image

Post by Robosoc » 24 Feb 21 21:42

I encountert that PSU V6 is crashing every time I click on a out-of-synch image. After upgrading from V5 to V6 I looked around in the new version a bit and found, that ~2.000 images were out of synch and did not have a thumbnail. The thumbs load, but when I click on one of the images and try to access the menu (right mouse click in windows) PSU crashes / freezes and I can only kill the application and restart it. This behavior can be reproduced.

I approach the out of synch images by clicking on the status chapter and chose the category "unsynchronisiert" in german (I believe that is out-of-synch in english version)

Does anyone have this finding as well or am I having an individual problem here?

BR, Sven

Sigi

Re: V6 crashes after focusing out-of-synch image

Post by Sigi » 25 Feb 21 9:36

I had something similar but it got fixed with the latest update. The cause was in my case RAF files.
Maybe sort the out of sync files by typest and test. Maybe you have a filey type that crashes PSU

Robosoc

Post by Robosoc » 25 Feb 21 10:56

Thany Sigi, I am not sure if I do have anything else but JPEGs but I will keep an Eye on that.

I was able to Select all images out-of-sync and put them in the image basket without freezing PSU. But when I right-click on any random image in the basket PSU freezes as well :-(
When I right-click any image which is not out-of-snyc the expected menu apperas and PSU does not freeze.
I do own a second licence and use it on a second PC since yesterday evening. On the second PC I started to build a brand new catalog upon metadate written in the images (after having troubles restoring from my V5 Backup on that machine, I also did not want to use the catalog where I have out-of-sync problems). On that PC I do not have troubles with right-clicking out-of-snyc images.

So the problem seems to be related to my specific catalog, which grew from IDimager times over PSU V2 and V5.

I will not spend much mor time on this for now. I rather plan to copy the the newly build catalog from PC2 to PC1 and start from skretch ... but that means loosing all folder coloring as far as I understand. So I need to spend a little time to copy the colors. Hope that is all, what I miss :-)

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 25 Feb 21 11:15

Yes I've noticed this problem as well, once fixed, by various methods, it doesn't seem to reappear for those images but keep finding other images that aren't totally happy and result in a lock-up. Nothing currently necessarily common between the offending labels either ....
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Hert

Post by Hert » 25 Feb 21 13:51

Make sure that you always have the latest version installed. Currently that is build 3571

Robosoc

Post by Robosoc » 26 Feb 21 19:31

I had the latest version on V5 before backup and I just downloaded the software 2 days ago. I just finished an update on 3575 (I always update, when the message promps up). Problem still exists in 3575 though

Sigi

Post by Sigi » 27 Feb 21 17:02

There is now another update, but it is not triggered, you need to download it via the contol-panel

Robosoc

Post by Robosoc » 07 Mar 21 7:48

Problem solved with the latest update now. Thanks!