Folder display disappears after restarting PSU

Ralf

Folder display disappears after restarting PSU

Post by Ralf » 22 Feb 21 12:02

Hi,
I have two big problems with V6, I work a lot in the folder view.

1. Folder display is extremely slow
With every click to unfold a level you have to wait almost 45 seconds. During this time the number of pictures is missing.
If these are then displayed, the game continues at the next level

2. Folder display after every restart of PSU away
When I opened a folder view and closed PSU, all tabs were available again after reopening. The folder views are now generally deleted.

bevor
Ordner-Auswahl-vorhanden.png
Ordner-Auswahl-vorhanden.png (10.65 KiB) Viewed 382 times
after
Ordner-Auswahl-weg.png
Ordner-Auswahl-weg.png (8.34 KiB) Viewed 382 times

This in combination with point 1 makes it very difficult to work in the photos. Unfortunately not usable for me at the moment.

Ralf
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Re: Folder display disappears after restarting PSU

Post by Hert » 22 Feb 21 12:08

1. Expanding a folder should be very fast. And apart from that, counts are retrieved in a background process and should not "block" the application

Can you share some details about your computer? Mainly: what OS, internal memory, if you're using an SSD, what CPU is in the computer (particularly how many cores), and are you using a virus scanner?

Also, is a Catalog Filter active or not?

2. PSU only reloads tabs on startup that take less than 30 seconds (off the top of my head) to load from the catalog. That's why some folders are not reloaded. This is not new BTW
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 22 Feb 21 13:24

thank you for the fast reaction

to 1
Asus Notebook (traveling a lot)
Processor: Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU N2940 @ 1.83 GHz with 4 cores
RAM: 8 GB + Windows 10 Home 64bit

Windows 10 virus scanner but switched off in the directories (Program Files, Appdata, ...)
Program is on notebook hard drive & Images on Share & Database on SSD on USB3

Everything as with PSU V5
Catalog filter is not active

to 2
the 30-second rule could well be, I didn't know and has never shown these effects on me. I usually have 2 to 5 tabs with folders open in which I jump back and forth. They were never "disappeared / deleted". Sure, when I changed a tab it took a little while, but that was okay.
I also like to wait more than 30 seconds the first time when the tabs stay open, but opening them again and again is very ugly.
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 24 Feb 21 9:19

apparently I'm not alone with the problem of the rdneransicht and the start. Maybe Herb will find something else, according to the resource monitor, my computer is bored at the times when it changes and also when the PSU is started

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=28591&sid=790d0c2d ... 56708ddf3a
Ralf
(Excuse my english)