Questions before I update

Ralf

Questions before I update

Post by Ralf » 17 Feb 21 11:19

I would like to update too, but have a few questions first.
Depending on the statement, I would have to take a few screenshots or think about how to deal with it.

I can still use version 6
- use my profiles / detailed profiles and scripts in the Metadata Editor?
- use my import profiles
- use my own scheme (
Metadata Editor -> Advanced or Basic or IPTC or Darwin
or MY SCHEME -> RALF (which I already use now, from IDImager V5 times)
- the custom info for thumbnails exist?
- Use TagThatPhoto because some changes have been made in V5
- use V5 in the transition period (V5 with the "old" database - V6 with the "converted" DB, i.e. two databases in different places)
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Re: Questions before I update

Post by Hert » 17 Feb 21 11:45

Hi Ralf,

The new V6 metadata editor is backward compatible with V5 and so you should be able to use existing profiles, import profiles, Advanced/Basic/IPTC/Darwin editors, as well as your own old editing schema from the IDimager days.

Custom fields also exist in V6, and a few new editor types were introduced in V6.
No change for regions that TTP uses. PSU V6 now also allows you to set region types following the IPTC Regions Standard, but that's irrelevant for TTP as TTP doesn't support IPTC Regions yet.
I don't recommend running V5 and V6 in parallel though it should be possible when you keep your V5 and V6 databases separated.
This is a user-to-user forum. If you need product support then please send a message

Ralf

Re: Questions before I update

Post by Ralf » 17 Feb 21 12:04

thank you Hert, quick as always.
Then I'll update when I'm at home. I still have to consider whether I should take them separately, with the appropriate links I already have three databases and data paths to test that I use. will then be confusing;)
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)