How to copy photoshop:DateCreated to exif:DateTimeOriginal and exif:DateTimeDIgitized

G8DHE

How to copy photoshop:DateCreated to exif:DateTimeOriginal and exif:DateTimeDIgitized

Post by G8DHE » 10 Jan 21 12:16

Just started using a new camera - Drift Ghost XL - only to find that whilst it adds all the right dates to the video files, when it comes to the individual images it only;
drift-dates.JPG
drift-dates.JPG (16.05 KiB) Viewed 134 times
adds the photoshop:DateCreated field
which isn't picked up the the PSU "PhotoDate" field and I can't see a script that would copy the date to any other date field :-(
Does anyone know have any ideas on bulk/batch conversion for copying from one date field to another ?

Hert, wonder if it would be practical to create a Date-Script that would allow any chosen Date field to be copied to any other date fields ?

[edit Hert; changed the title to something that better covers the topic]
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Hert

Re: Dates :-(

Post by Hert » 10 Jan 21 13:14

photoshop:DateCreated is the date that is intended to hold the date that the metadata content was created (not the image, which is exif:DateTimeDigitized).

You can either copy/paste the date manually in PSU or here's a script that you can use to do that in batch.
https://repository.idimager.com/openres ... 69A830EE79
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

G8DHE

Re: How to copy photoshop:DateCreated to exif:DateTimeOriginal and exif:DateTimeDIgitized

Post by G8DHE » 10 Jan 21 13:41

Ah, brilliant thank you!
Yes the explanations behind a lot of these fields depends so much on context!
I must admit trying to find that "photoshop:DateCreated" field/tag using ExifTool wasn't getting me far either !
Right off to try it out ......
Yea, yes seems to work, now have to remember to run it after importing the files ...
Thought can these scripts be run outside of PSU from a Windows command line / batch file at all ?
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)