Logging into Smugmug every time

Larry56

Logging into Smugmug every time

Post by Larry56 » 01 Jan 21 22:31

PSu 5.6.0.3383 on Macbook Catalina 10.15

Every time I click on Share->Smugmug I have to re-login before uploading and PSu doesn't seem to save previous approvals. Anyone else? Any have an idea what would cause not saving prior approvals?

Hert

Re: Logging into Smugmug every time

Post by Hert » 02 Jan 21 0:18

Authenticate in your Sharing profile. If the sharing profile contains your authentication then it will use that. If your sharing profile doesn't include authentication then you'll be prompted. To do so, right click on your SmugMug profile and select "Details". Then click the authentication to start you rlogin. Then save the profile.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 03 Jan 21 1:21

When I click on Details it already say "authenticated as Larry" but when I try to upload I have to go through the authentication steps each time.

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 04 Jan 21 17:02

I created a new profile and that one I don't have to authenticate each time. I'll delete the other profile but I can't see any difference between them.

Hert

Post by Hert » 04 Jan 21 17:41

That's great. It could also be that the old profile needed re-authentication, for instance when SmugMug invalidated the login (maybe they have a max period). Try to logout in the profile and authenticate again.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 04 Jan 21 19:55

I wish I'd thought of that Hert. Thanks for that suggestion. I still one one old profile I and will try to to re-authenticate after disconnect to see what happens.