Recently used and Suggested labels.

vkfoto

Recently used and Suggested labels.

Post by vkfoto » 30 Dec 20 23:29

Because of the way the current ly applied labels are presented in the Label screen, when adding a new label the whole set of Recently Used will jump down when an extra line is needed to show all of the applied labels. When applying several labels, I will sometimes end up clicking on the wrong one because the selection has shifted down. Is there a way to freeze the size / location?

I also like the suggested labels but since they are not in any obvious order, finding one requires I read every suggestion to see if it might apply. Sort of negates the quick selection opportunity since typing could be faster. Could they be in alphabetical order like the Recently used labels?

Hert

Re: Recently used and Suggested labels.

Post by Hert » 31 Dec 20 0:30

vkfoto wrote:
30 Dec 20 23:29
Is there a way to freeze the size / location?
There's no way to prevent that. When a new label is created, that becomes a "recently used" label. And since the most recently used one is at the top, the rest shifts down.
I also like the suggested labels but since they are not in any obvious order,
They are ordered by the level of likelihood of being related to the labels already assigned.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 31 Dec 20 10:45

I have to agree with this its a real pain :-( The number of times I have had the mouse waiting to click over a label only to find I have clicked the wrong one :-(
Would it be viable to have a fixed size pane so that the panes and labels below wouldn't move down ?
I appreciate that this would then involve scrolling the top pane, but this pane size could be adjusted when the panes are redrawn so that all labels are displayed and then it would only be necessary to scroll
or
maybe allow extra space in the top pane so that perhaps an extra line or two can be accommodated without having to cause the pane to expand as frequently ?
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

HCS

Post by HCS » 01 Jan 21 21:12

G8DHE wrote:
31 Dec 20 10:45
I have to agree with this its a real pain :-( The number of times I have had the mouse waiting to click over a label only to find I have clicked the wrong one :-(
Would it be viable to have a fixed size pane so that the panes and labels below wouldn't move down ?
I appreciate that this would then involve scrolling the top pane, but this pane size could be adjusted when the panes are redrawn so that all labels are displayed and then it would only be necessary to scroll
+1

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 02 Jan 21 12:37

I had already suggested this in Mantis for the V4 because it annoys me to constantly confirm wrong ones :wink:

https://mantis.idimager.com/view.php?id=3338

+1
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

LifeIsLong

Post by LifeIsLong » 02 Jan 21 17:29

Yeah, I remember bringing this up before too (or commenting on someone's post). Agreed that this makes labeling slower and annoying.

+1

Another possible fix would be to apply the label as soon as the click occurs... the problem is that there is processing in between the click and assignment.

Mke

Post by Mke » 03 Jan 21 1:52

Ralf wrote:
02 Jan 21 12:37
I had already suggested this in Mantis for the V4
I agree that it could be slicker; it's actually been a suggestion since V3: https://mantis.idimager.com/view.php?id=2904