Using ITPC field as a Place sub label

Manuel

Using ITPC field as a Place sub label

Post by Manuel » 20 Dec 20 15:51

Hello,
I'm a Photo supreme beginner comming from MediaPro. I've already imported my 67 000 photo and the associated metadata but I'm unable to match "location" (in image content) as a sub label of City (in Categories).
Could someone give me some help. many thanks

Hert

Re: Using ITPC field as a Place sub label

Post by Hert » 21 Dec 20 8:45

A warm welcome to the forum.

You can check the setting below. That setting is used on import so after changing the setting, manually import the metadata by pressing Cmd+Opt+S on a thumbnail (right click -> Metadata -> Read metadata from file);
ReadGEOLevel.png
ReadGEOLevel.png (137.11 KiB) Viewed 360 times
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Manuel

Post by Manuel » 21 Dec 20 9:27

Thanks Hert for this answer, but my problem remains unsolved. I wonder if this is because my "Location field" is not a true IPTC field. If so, i will have to move it in another field before tranfering from Media Pro to Photo Supreme. Attached is an exemple of the present situation.
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2020-12-21 à 09.14.50.jpg
Capture d’écran 2020-12-21 à 09.14.50.jpg (629.45 KiB) Viewed 358 times

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Dec 20 10:57

Did you change that preference setting I mentioned? And did you re-import the metadata afterwards (Ctrl+Alt+S or Cmd+Opt+S)?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Manuel

Post by Manuel » 21 Dec 20 13:00

Yes I did and I did again without succes

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Dec 20 14:06

I tried it here and it's working fine.

Can you check if perhaps you have a duplicate Londres catalog label where the location is placed under. Otherwise try if the location appears after collapsing and re-expanding the Grand Londres catalog label.

Manuel

Post by Manuel » 21 Dec 20 14:22

This "London" example ixs only an example. Nowhere I've got more than 3 hierarchical levels of places : Royaume uni/Grand Londres/Londres ... no more
I onlny can add manually a sub level but I don't kow if it's possible to fill it automatically with an IPTC
It seems I get the same limit with People if i try to have different names gathered by label "Family"

Hert

Post by Hert » 22 Dec 20 10:15

It is possible to fill that automatically.

1. Make sure that you set that preference setting that I mentioned earlier to "Up to location level".
That setting is active from the moment you change it and so your existing imported files will not have location labels below the city name. That's why:
2. Now that that setting is changed, re-import the metadata with right click -> Metadata -> Read metadata from file

That will read the location (the one you outlined in your screenshot) to the Places hierarchy. If you don't see it immediately then try to collapse and expand the London parent label again

Manuel

Post by Manuel » 22 Dec 20 11:52

This tip appears to be the good one. I can now recover the full hierarchy of Places in my Library. Thanks a lot.

Manuel

Post by Manuel » 24 Dec 20 15:17

Now, as everything is OK with Places, I wish to add as Categories : IPTC scene (from Image Content) and Intellectual Genre (in Additional). Will it be possible or must I convert first into keywords ? Thanks in advance for your tips.

Manuel

Using ITPC field as a Category label

Post by Manuel » 16 Jan 21 18:48

In my photo library ITPC Scene (in Image Content) and Intellectual Genre (in Additional) are used when applicable. They are visible in Details section.
I want to automatically convert these two fields into catalog labels (in dedicated categories) when I import.
I tried but could’nt. Thanks for your help.
Manuel