Lagging while updating portfolio contents icons

LifeIsLong

Lagging while updating portfolio contents icons

Post by LifeIsLong » 20 Dec 20 12:27

Hert, I thought I remembered being able to scroll a portfolio while sub-collection icons loaded (they would just be colored squares). Now, 5.6.0.3337, I have to wait for all collections in view to have their icons loaded, scroll a little bit, wait again, scroll a little, wait, etc. Is there any way to allow scrolling while loading?

Hert

Re: Lagging while updating portfolio contents icons

Post by Hert » 20 Dec 20 14:14

To see what is new in a version, you can check https://whatsnew.idimager.com There's nothing there that changed this.

Make sure that your images have their thumbs built. Try using Tools -> Build missing thumbs/previews
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

LifeIsLong

Post by LifeIsLong » 21 Dec 20 13:42

Created all thumbnails and it still will not scroll while populating folder contents. It feels like it just locks out the scrollwheel until all folders on the screen are finished loading.

The only major change I can think of from my end is that I recently moved my catalog from a HDD to an SDD (on local computer, not on the network).

LifeIsLong

Post by LifeIsLong » 22 Dec 20 12:18

Just installed 3361 and, while there is a difference, the scrolling still freezes while the folder objects populate the thumbnails. And now, even once all folders have been populated, scrolling a portfolio of >60 collections is very jerky.

LifeIsLong

Post by LifeIsLong » 30 Dec 20 12:18

Installed 3374 and now, after waiting for all the thumbnails to populate, the first scroll goes much farther down the screen than it did before. But I still have to wait while all folders' thumbnails populate before I can scroll again. Further, it seems like scrolling once all folders thumbnails have loaded is slower.

I guess what I thought I remembered, is that I could scroll while the folder thumbnails were just colored squares and they would load in the background. Maybe I remember this for pictures not for folder thumbnails. A potential compromise would be to have a setting in preferences that allows the user to turn off folder thumbnails... I personally do not have a use for them (I dont find that they really help me know what I have in the folder anyway).

Just a thought.