more access violation

vkfoto

more access violation

Post by vkfoto » 18 Dec 20 1:45

Was applying keywords to set of images in "Not Catalog Labeled" when everything froze and then a Access violation error box appeared. Clicked on send link. Hope this helps solve the mystery. The application, #3337, and the databases are on SSD drives so i don't see latency as an issue. There are over 279k images but have been told that that's a lot but not too much. Could this be related to the other issues that have been reported recently, start up freezing, verifying issues, etc?

Well, that didn't end well. After the screen responded again, another attempt to attach a keyword froze the screen again but instead of a violation dialog, the PSU just crashed.

After a reboot to reset everything, PSU starts in a Not Responding mode and has been like that for more than 10 minutes.

After a second reboot and removing non-db files from the catalog folder, I got PSU to start. There are 210 images in the Out of sync folder and nothing is happening.

After another restart of PSU, without a reboot, the sync completed after I selected the images and "Save Metadata to file"
Will this be the new Modus Operanti?

Hert

Re: more access violation

Post by Hert » 18 Dec 20 8:18

Thank you for submitting the exception. In the case when you get an exception then always best to restart PSU. That way you prevent the same exception to be raised over and over again (like in your described situation).
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 19 Dec 20 23:30

Things are getting worse.
Synchronization has become hit and miss. Often working and then suddenly stopping to work. A restert seems to cure the symptom but the cause ... ?

I'll select an image and apply a label and the program become un responsive. I let it go for a minute and got an access violation error box. I clicked on the send report, hoping it helps. Happened again a few minutes later, again sent the report, and after closing PSU, I see that it is still running as a background process at 15% CPU. How do I safely close that so I can reboot my computer? Hmm, looks like it finally timed out.

All this since the last update. NOT a happy camper

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Dec 20 3:23

There’s no submitted exception.

Next time this happens then instead of submitting select “Show me what will be sent first” then copy/paste the exception details here
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system