exporting more than just the labels

vkfoto

exporting more than just the labels

Post by vkfoto » 03 Dec 20 15:43

I see where the category labels can be exported as a formatted vocabulary file.
Is there a way to also export how many images use each value like how it shows in the Categories tab?

Hert

Re: exporting more than just the labels

Post by Hert » 03 Dec 20 15:55

The formatted vocabulary file format is a de-factor standard format.
Many DAM applications can read this format, including Adobe Lightroom. It's a great format to exchange vocabularies between applications.

The assignment counts are not part of the format.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 03 Dec 20 18:49

Kind of figured that was the case. Is it possible to get the assignment counts via a script and has anyone made such a script?

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 03 Dec 20 21:14

In the Photo Supreme | Resource Repository, I found a script that seemed to have what I need.
Resource Name Analyse Exif Data
Resource Version 1.2
Category Metadata
Downloads 732
Release Date 12/6/2017 11:40:40 AM

When I ran it on a small folder with 193 images, it just told me that:
ISOSpeedRatings,"",193
FNumber,"",193
FocalLength,"",193
LensInformation,"",193

Is this what it is supposed to do?

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 03 Dec 20 21:31

Found another one,
Resource Name Full Exif Dump
Resource Version 1.2
Category Metadata
Downloads 1222
Release Date 4/24/2018 4:59:03 PM

It finds lots of data but for the same image, 193 times.

All 193 image thumbnails have been selected in the Folder view. Seems the script is stuck on the first image. Don't know enough about the code to attempt to fix it. Anyone?

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 09 Dec 20 16:28

Was finally was able to export the metadata using Exiftool. Then using the array function in Excel I was able to sort each row of keywords in alphabetical order. Now it is just a matter of counting which ones are associated with each image.
Kind of interesting and a bit of fun the first time. Not something that I would want to do again. Considering that PSU already knows the values, to bad there is no way to export them directly.

Hert

Post by Hert » 10 Dec 20 10:10

Try this script to export with counts:

https://repository.idimager.com/openres ... 881AA94626

Found another one,
Resource Name Full Exif Dump
<snip>

It finds lots of data but for the same image, 193 times.

All 193 image thumbnails have been selected in the Folder view. Seems the script is stuck on the first image. Don't know enough about the code to attempt to fix it. Anyone?
The Full Exif Dump script dumps the full Exif for the (one!) selected file. It is the go to script to use when you'd like to know what is in the metadata of the file.

TIP: Did you know that some repository scripts can be started from within the application? For instance the the Full Exif Dump script can be ran by right clicking on a thumb and then select "Run Script from Repository -> Metadata -> Full Exif Dump
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 11 Dec 20 22:41

A script to export XMP to CSV would be extremely useful. Something similar to the Import Script, but the other way round: export XMP from several image files to a CSV...
Ideally one would have a choice which XMP fields to export, not everything.
Does that exist?
This would be especially useful, if the two scripts could be used in combination to exchange XMP between different catalogs.

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 11 Dec 20 22:51

Me = stupid !!!
I completely forgot that the export to CSV is already available NOT as a script, but built into the program, try:
right-click - metadata - export metadata to CSV...

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 11 Dec 20 23:16

Actually, an export to CSV script would be useful if the desired fields could be indicated. The current built-in function exports the catalogue without the number of times each value was used. It is displayed when the catalogue tab is selected so the program knows how many times each is used.

Hert

Post by Hert » 11 Dec 20 23:43