removing extraneous keywords

vkfoto

removing extraneous keywords

Post by vkfoto » 25 Nov 20 17:44

As I'm importing a new folder into PSU, I'm seeing a lot of keywords appearing in the Miscellaneous category in the form of word;word;word; etc.
If select them and then from the right click menu, select delete, will it also remove them from the file itself? If not, is there an easy way to remove them? Is there any one time setting in the preferences that needs to be set to accomplish this or something that should always be on?

Hert

Re: removing extraneous keywords

Post by Hert » 26 Nov 20 11:10

When you delete a catalog label then the assigned images will be marked as out-of-sync. Open "States -> Out of Sync". Select the images there and press Ctrl+S (Windows) or Cmd+S (macOS) to update the metadata in the file.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 26 Nov 20 14:09

Ah, good. I'll wait until all of the image folders have been imported, delete the extraneous keywords and then update the metadata in the files.

Hert

Post by Hert » 26 Nov 20 14:43

Good approach.
tip, you can select multiple catalog labels (Ctrl+Click/Cmd+Click) to delete them in one go.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system