more "database disk image is malformed"

vkfoto

more "database disk image is malformed"

Post by vkfoto » 16 Nov 20 15:28

After getting the message "database disk image is malformed" when I tried to compact the database, I created a new database. The Import ingestWizard seems to get stuck at 83%. According to task manager, IDimagerSU is only using 0.1% of the CPU. Memory is at 757 MB.
At this rate, 300k images will take a loooong time import.
Is there a better way?
Can the original database be repaired?

Hert

Re: more "database disk image is malformed"

Post by Hert » 16 Nov 20 15:55

As long as you see processor usage, PSU is not stalled. Most likely you're importing a very large set and PSU is preparing the next step for the import.

https://sqliteviewer.com/blog/database- ... malformed/

First check if it's your catalog or thumbs database that is corrupt. If the thumbs database (most common) then only restore that. Otherwise restore both database files from your backup.

As always: make sure you have a recent backup available because SQLite is error prone after and unexpected power outage.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 16 Nov 20 16:06

seems that in the more settings in the import wizard, I had Artificial Intelligence / Detect labels checked on. I removed this and things are moving along much smoother.

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 20 Nov 20 6:23

After the first mal formed error, I've been busy rebuilding the database, taking the opportunity to bring some order to the images. Also learned my lesson and have been making backups a bit more often. Then today, in the middle of a sync session, PSU suddenly crashed to the desktop with an error message that I forgot to record, something about the sync resulting in an error. When I reopened PSU and tried to compact, again the mal-formed error. This time I had a backup from two importations back so I don't have to start from scratch. There was no power outage, I'm on a UPS so that shouldn't be an issue. Are there any tools to fix a mal-formed error or are they beyond the ordinary user?

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Nov 20 9:35

HERT; deleted text, please see next reply
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Nov 20 12:02

Today build 3286 was released and that uses a higher SQLITE Synchronous mode by default. Please update to that build.