People tags not showing

vkfoto

People tags not showing

Post by vkfoto » 09 Nov 20 22:52

I've been using TagThatPhoto to get a handle on a large set of images that have people in them to "quickly" get many if not most tagged.
When I looked at one of the images, I see that it has 3 tags, all for location which I put in but no people.. In Windows Explorer / properties, I see that there are two people, which I confirmed in TTP.
I tried to Read Metadata from file but nothing was added.
Is there something else I need to do. Below my Read settings and the image showing the issue. I really don't want to go back to manually finding people.
PSU 3262
Attachments
sync read settings.JPG
sync read settings.JPG (26.74 KiB) Viewed 283 times
missing people.JPG
missing people.JPG (49.57 KiB) Viewed 283 times

Hert

Re: People tags not showing

Post by Hert » 09 Nov 20 23:11

Your screenshot shows that you’re using PSU 5.5. Please update to the latest version. Pending TTP’s possible support for IPTC Regions, there were some recent in PSU to better support interoperability between the two products.
https://www.idimager.com/what-s-new-in-photo-supreme-v5
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 10 Nov 20 1:15

Oh, I'm now using build 3262. The screen shot shows what was current at the time the photo was scanned and first imported in PSU.

Hert

Post by Hert » 10 Nov 20 1:39

Did you configure TTP correctly?
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=28227&start=15#p125149
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 10 Nov 20 2:18

Yes, that is how I've set it up. I had removed the two face areas for a few days until it was pointed out that
".. you should activate the face regions for the following reason - by embedding the face metadata into the images themselves you add another layer of protection. If you have a backup of your images and for some reason the computer running Tag That Photo was lost, stolen or just plain died, then you would be able to install Tag That Photo, and read back in all the metadata and continue on."
The sample image was tagged by TTP many weeks ago. I didn't think that existing results would be affected by my little side trip.
Since the tags are in the file, as per Explorer properties, I wonder why PSU doesn't see them.

vkfoto

Post by vkfoto » 10 Nov 20 2:32

hmmm, looking closer in TTP, I see that the name is classified under a label People while there is also a label called Tag which is blank.
Would this make a difference in how PSU reads the data?
Since there are many other images where PSU does see and display the People, could my temporarily turned off face areas have made this issue.

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 10 Nov 20 8:31

I also checked briefly whether there were any problems in this regard. I cannot determine that in the context of TTP and PSU. Both work together for me. Maybe the statement helps a little
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)