solved: red sync icon - is this a mistake - Addendum

Ralf

solved: red sync icon - is this a mistake - Addendum

Post by Ralf » 09 Nov 20 9:22

When does PSU show the red sync icon?

Why I ask, I have pictures where I wrote the metadata (CTRL + S) and yet it still shows this symbol. What does that mean?
No other program is running that accesses these files / folders. At least none that I called or a service that writes the photos. The photos are on my NAS.

I also ran the menu -tools-all that were not synchronized

Addendum:

I just noticed,
- see red icon
-% xmp: photoshop: headline is no text
- Read metadata
- Write metadata
- the symbol is gone.

- see red icon
- is in% xmp: photoshop: headline text
- Read metadata
- Write metadata
- the symbol is still there
-% xmp: photoshop: headline delete text
- Write metadata
- Read metadata
- Write metadata
- the symbol is gone.
-% xmp: photoshop: headline Enter text and save

Is it just like that for me, is it a mistake or what's going wrong?
Last edited by Ralf on 10 Nov 20 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Re: red sync icon - is this a mistake - Addendum

Post by Hert » 10 Nov 20 9:08

Your post is a bit unclear.

What do you mean with a "red icon"? You're talking about sync'ing and that makes me think that perhaps you mean the orange sync icon? If not then I don't know what red icon you mean. A screenshot showing the icon could help to make clear what you mean. If indeed you're talking about the orange sync icon then also share your sync read and write settings in preferences (which I always recommend to keep at their default as there typically is no need to change read or write sync settings at all).

Also; % xmp: photoshop: headline will not work, as that should be %xmp:photoshop:headline (notice the difference in spaces)
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 10 Nov 20 9:56

sorry, The one with the space was created by typing it in and yes i mean the sync symbol
Sync.jpg
Sync.jpg (4.84 KiB) Viewed 266 times
headline.jpg
headline.jpg (4.19 KiB) Viewed 265 times
I haven't changed my synchronization settings since "V4" only recently in connection with the TTP test where I should remove the IDImager ICS read. Which certainly has no effect.
sync_write.jpg
sync_write.jpg (24.58 KiB) Viewed 266 times
sync_read.jpg
sync_read.jpg (17.54 KiB) Viewed 266 times
strange that it is not with all pictures on the drive and folder. I checked the file attributes.
I have the version * .3232
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Post by Hert » 10 Nov 20 10:23

With the default settings, your image should go in-sync when you either read or write metadata. for files that are on a medium that is actively mounted in the OS, and files that exist and are accessible on the file system.

You can use right click on a thumb -> Run Script from Repository -> Metadata -> Full Exif Dump to see what metadata is in your file. That determines if headline will be filled or not.

These are the default sync settings;
default_write_1.png
default_write_1.png (123.61 KiB) Viewed 263 times
default_write_2.png
default_write_2.png (125.97 KiB) Viewed 263 times
default_read_1.png
default_read_1.png (119.83 KiB) Viewed 263 times
default_read_2.png
default_read_2.png (120.27 KiB) Viewed 263 times
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 10 Nov 20 22:15

Sorry for the fuss :roll:
the problem has been resolved. There were just one character too many including the path that could no longer be processed. Thus no more tag was written to the files.

I think I have to take a closer look at my structure, which has grown over the years.
Ralf
(Excuse my english)