Photo Supreme People Labels

BCMielke

Photo Supreme People Labels

Post by BCMielke » 07 Nov 20 16:15

I have been experimenting with how each program I use might update metadata so I can put together my own best practices. I am currently comparing Photo Mechanic & Photo Supreme. I have found the following:

1. I can keyword in Photo Mechanic and import the keywords in Photo Supreme without issue. (I do have to change the delimiter in PS preferences)
2. When I keyword in PS and PM updates there is an issue that I can't seem to resolve. Names being put in twice. I will enclose an example

PS. Label People|Family|Daughter
PM Keywords Daughter, People|Family|Daughter

How do I not have the extra "daughter" added to the keyword panel?

Just as an aside I never was able to figure out how to use On1 Photo Raw and Capture One's keywords with any success.

Hert

Re: Photo Supreme People Labels

Post by Hert » 07 Nov 20 16:51

Please do not let Photo Mechanic write delimited keywords in dc:Subject. That is NOT standard. Hierarchical information is written in lr:hierarchicalSubject and not in dc:subject

Please configure Photo Mechanic to write hierarchical keywords in lr:hierarchicalSubject. And configure Photo Mechanic to write flat keywords in dc:subject.

Keep Photo Supreme's sync settings as default. Do not use the deprecated delimited keyword setting in Photo Supreme. Those date from *before* lr:hierarchicalSubject existed and writing delimited keywords was the only way to write hierarchical information to metadata. With the introduction of lr:hierarchicalSubject, the days that required to misuse the dc:subject field to write delimited keywords in order to preserve hierarchical information are long gone (about 10 years ago).

Please read my last reply in this topic that you started about a year ago on the same subject:
viewtopic.php?t=27521
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 07 Nov 20 16:52

You may want to check the Keyword settings in the Sync options ?
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

BCMielke

Post by BCMielke » 07 Nov 20 18:07

Hert,

Thanks for the response, However this appears to me to be a different issue. Let me do some screen grabs and post them here and hopefully it will be more clear.

In this case PS is writing and PM is reading not the other way around.

I will get some screen grabs and I believe that will make sense. I resolved the issue that you spoke of earlier and was happily keywording and then stopped and now I'm done with another project and want to get back to it again.

BCMielke

Post by BCMielke » 07 Nov 20 19:07

Here are the screenshots that I was speaking to. I added the keywords in PS.

This is the same file in PS

This is how it looks in PM
Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 12.04.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 12.04.02 PM.png (715.63 KiB) Viewed 314 times
I'm am trying to understand where the first Alexa Mielke comes from.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 12.03.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 12.03.36 PM.png (538.16 KiB) Viewed 314 times

Hert

Post by Hert » 08 Nov 20 11:15

Thank you for your further explanation.
I'm am trying to understand where the first Alexa Mielke comes from.
I assume you're referring to the screenshot in Photo Mechanic. Personally I have no idea how Photo Mechanic is implemented and so I can't tell you where it reads what in the metadata. If it show dc:subject in its Keyword field then you'll see one entry. If it shows lr:hierarchicalSubject in its keyword field then you should also see one entry. If it shows dc:Subject *and* lr:hierarchicalSubject in its keyword field (what would be odd imho) then you'll see two entries as you show in your screenshot.
Only Photo Mechanic can tell you for sure what exactly happens in Photo Mechanic, and so you should ask them. Maybe also provide them with a sample image so they can test it at their end.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

BCMielke

Post by BCMielke » 08 Nov 20 13:39

Ok, sounds good.