Going crazy with the search engine :-(

JoelleV

Going crazy with the search engine :-(

Post by JoelleV » 22 Oct 20 20:48

Hello to all

I am gradually recreating, manually, my complete catalog.
I used to use Lightroom before, and I took advantage of my decision to switch to PhotoSupreme to redo all the cataloguing cleanly.

To do so, I rely only on my series converted to jpg, and which contain the keywords.
If needed I add the keywords in Photo supreme.

When I try a keyword search from the search field in Photosupreme, however, the results are inconsistent.
I've taken a good look at the online help, and saw that if I'm looking for a photo of my daughter Alix on which my dog Looping also appears, I have to type Alix AND Looping...
But when I do that, I see totally inaccurate results, some of which show neither my daughter nor the dog...

I confess that I am going crazy, and I don't understand how this search engine works.
Here is a screenshot as an example:

. Search words: Alix AND Looping (top right)
. I circle one of the results, where my son and I appear.
. and the key words corresponding to this photo, which are exact: my first name and that of my son

I don't understand why these results are displayed despite the search words.
And this is how it is on many pictures, and with all the searches I try to do...

What did I not understand ????

Thank you in advance for your help

Joëlle
Attachments
search-engine.jpg
search-engine.jpg (84.4 KiB) Viewed 320 times

Hert

Re: Going crazy with the search engine :-(

Post by Hert » 22 Oct 20 20:52

Hi Joelle, to do an AND search, you should use the + sign. So try this in the search bar;

Alix+Looping

Also check the Searching manual from the ? icon in the left sidebar.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

JoelleV

Post by JoelleV » 22 Oct 20 22:56

Hi Hert,
Thanks for your answer..
I've tried... but it still doesn't work..

And, by the way, I'm a bit desperate tonight... for th third or fourth time, my all data base seems impossible to appear.... I've spent a lot of hours on this new catalog ...
I get error messages when I try to restore the database with the appropriate function (Catalogue/restaurer)
I doesn't work, neither, with a copy/paste of the files

I'm about to give up, tired to spend so much time....

But thanks anyway for your help
Joëlle
Attachments
Sans titre 1.jpg
Sans titre 1.jpg (203.4 KiB) Viewed 306 times

Hert

Post by Hert » 22 Oct 20 23:43

You show only the assigned catalog labels. But somewhere in the metadata for this image it must contain the word Alix too. Could be another metadata field, could be in the file name, folder name, and more. The search bar, by default, searches through *everything*.

If you only want to search for catalog labels then try this;

Alix+Looping@PROP

But I also recommend that you explore the Dynamic Search feature (lower left). I think that for you that will be a breeze to use.

Please do read through the Searching manual. There are so many search possibilities. Click the ? icon in the left side bar and select the Searching manual.

From the looks of it, you’ve built a good catalog. Getting familiar with search options will unlock your archive for you
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system