PSU / TagThatPhoto Problems - Addendum

Ralf

PSU / TagThatPhoto Problems - Addendum

Post by Ralf » 21 Oct 20 8:51

Hello,
I've been grappling with the problem all night.

I recently started using ThatPhoto (TTP) (like some here too).
I have a lot of pictures with already received face tags that I added manually in PSU.

It struck me when I try to use TTP to insert the recognized faces into images that already contain area / face tags from PSU, none of them are written from TTP. Even none newly created / not found in TTP.

Only when I call the "Catalog-> Delete All Areas For Selected" script in PSU can I write these tags with TagThatPhoto.
As I understand it, TTP compares the area names and does not write the same ones, only the new ones. But it doesn't write it.
Now I ask myself, is there a bug in PSU or TTP or am I doing something wrong?

That would mean for me in this case
a. the TTP apparently breaks off when it finds existing ones that are the same and no longer writes the rest or
b. the information in PSU has errors

Maybe someone has the same experience using TTP or a tip for me.

I could always use the script now, but that would take many more steps and the error rate would increase.

greeting
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Addendum:
what strikes me, because all my pictures where I have already tagged TTP does not work and there are extremely many.
So I went looking for it and tried to find it out with exiftool. So read the data and write again.

All of these images tell me a MakerNotes error.
Can it be that the PSU is not setting the markers correctly?

Example:
exiftool -all = -tagsfromfile @ -all: all -unsafe -icc_profile -overwrite_original "20170905-080903-P1060252.JPG"
Warning: [minor] Adjusted MakerNotes base by -156 - 20170905-080903-P1060252.JPG
1 image files updated
Last edited by Ralf on 21 Oct 20 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Re: PSU / TagThatPhoto Problems, does someone have experience or a tip

Post by Hert » 21 Oct 20 9:38

I'm not a TTP user myself, nor did I ever use it.

In general, when you use a 3rd party tool to make changes to the metadata then use a right click on a thumb -> Metadata -> Read metadata from file (there is a shortcut for that) to read the changes back to the catalog.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 21 Oct 20 10:05

The situation is manually created ones prior to using TTP are skipped by TTP and also if you manually create entries within TTP then further processing is skipped on those images. Once the images have been changed by TTP then you have to manually request PSU to re-read the metadata I use the "Verify folder Quick" usually on the folders I know have been changed in someway, but I have also from time to time requested it at the highest level to re-read the entire collection of images in-case I have missed any, this can take a while depending on the collection size obviously but means that you should catch most if not all changes for any reason!
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 21 Oct 20 10:15

Hello,
Thanks for the information.
@Hert, I use thumb -> Metadata -> Read metadata but nothing is read.
When I look manually with the exiftool, the data is missing in the TTP image file, so TTP does not write them at all.

@ G8DHE, then that coincides with my opinion that the TTP skips the existing ones. Unfortunately, the menu item "Verify folder Quick" does not read anything because there is no data.

Only when I execute the script in PSU and then instruct TTP to write the data again can I read them in using the two points above. So I suspected there was a problem with the previous day.
Ralf
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Ralf

Re: PSU / TagThatPhoto Problems - Addendum

Post by Ralf » 21 Oct 20 14:48

I got the first response from TTP that they found a bug and are now testing again. the dc: subject field is probably not filled correctly.

My test workflows
1. new SCAN picture
2. Recognize and save faces with TTP
3. Read metadata in PSU or quickly verify folder shows everything correctly

1. new SCAN picture
2. Record and save tag / face in PSU Area
3. Recognize and save faces with TTP
4. Read metadata in PSU or quickly verify folder does not show the newly recognized ones because they are not saved in the image
Ralf
(Excuse my english)