what's the deal with a strike-through, greyed-out folder?

fbungarz

what's the deal with a strike-through, greyed-out folder?

Post by fbungarz » 29 Sep 20 1:14

I have a rather odd folder in my catalog, this one:
FolderMissingIsPresent.jpg
FolderMissingIsPresent.jpg (109.98 KiB) Viewed 385 times
What is going on here???

G8DHE

Re: what's the deal with a strike-through, greyed-out folder?

Post by G8DHE » 29 Sep 20 10:30

Its an "Ignored" folder, i.e. one that has been seen but selected to be ignored so it isn't scanned in the future, right click and you can choose to see it again. I do it for my Editor programs that use a separate sub-folder to hold details of changes.
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 29 Sep 20 16:48

OK thanks Geoff.
No idea how I selected this folder to be "ignored". Must have happened by accident ;-)

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » 29 Sep 20 18:46

My other half managed to import to the catalog the contents of an ignored folder (the folder contained the mirror copies from previous imports). No idea how she managed it. It's all quite a mess now :-(

Strangely I can't even find how to set a folder to be ignored now! I don't see this option in the right click menu now. But I guess that's a side issue.
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------

Hert

Post by Hert » 29 Sep 20 21:38

You can only set a folder to be ignored when a new folder is detected during “verify folder”. Once a folder is in the catalog it can’t be ignored.
If you want to ignore a folder then first remove it from the catalog. Then verify the parent folder. The folder will be found and you can set to ignore it.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

snowman1

Post by snowman1 » 29 Sep 20 22:23

Thanks Hert, that's useful.
It's an odd situation as the images are in the catalog but of course that folder (and subfolders) is ignored so the images are not always visible. Given what you have said I think the way I'll go is to remove the folder from the catalog. I'll probably then re-locate it completely outside of the structure that PSU controls, which will remove the need to re-ignore; and I'll make my folder structure more explicit to differentiate between PSU-controlled and non-PSU-controlled.
I'm in the process of ratonalising main and back-up folder locations on my various disks anyway - the images have got spread out in a not very logical fashion as I've changed machines and bought more NAS disks. Very tedious but it has to be done!
Snowman1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowman-1/
--------------------------------------