Photos being duplicated

Tom Husband

Photos being duplicated

Post by Tom Husband » 20 Sep 20 11:53

When I drag a set of versioned photos to another folder sometimes the group is duplicated so I have the same files in the original and in the folder I dragged them to. The versioned group will usually have a RAW, TIF, JPG and sometimes an afphoto (Affinity). If I delete one group then all are deleted.

edit: When I attempt to move it says files already exists and would I like to assign a unique name. If I do it will change the name of both versioned groups but not move anything. Weird.

Hert

Re: Photos being duplicated

Post by Hert » 20 Sep 20 12:53

Try pressing F5 to refresh the active collection after the move.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Tom Husband

Post by Tom Husband » 20 Sep 20 18:55

Hmm, F5 doesn't make any difference. I can assign a unique name but then it just appears in both folders.

Tom Husband

Post by Tom Husband » 22 Sep 20 13:32

This has happened several times now and all the duplicates were versioned before I attempted to drag and drop to another folder.

Now I've been renaming folders so it could be that somehow duplicates were created but with the same file name? I don't see a way to delete one of the duplicates either. I can't simply delete as it will delete all files. If I attempt to drag and drop again it wants to create a unique name but all that happens is both files are renamed but nothing is moved.

Hert

Post by Hert » 23 Sep 20 12:49

I see what's going on here. You're dragging a versioned item to a folder. That will only move that one dragged file to the target folder, not the other files in the same version set (files in a version set don't *have* to be in the same folder).
That is probably what's confusion you.

In the next update a change will be implemented:
1. When dragging a version set to a folder then all images in a set are dragged if the preference for version display is set to "Always stacked"
2. When dragging a version set to a folder then only the selected image from the set is dragged if the preference for version display is set to "Only in Categories"

The same applies for "copy/paste shortcuts
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Tom Husband

Post by Tom Husband » 23 Sep 20 15:43

Got it. Thanks a lot.