Labeling a black and white image

Tom Husband

Labeling a black and white image

Post by Tom Husband » 19 Sep 20 20:20

I have B&W TIF which I created from a RAW file. The B&W is a version of the RAW and I'd like to label it B&W but when I do the RAW color file is also labeled B&W. There must be a way around this I'm missing. Are stacks the way or maybe placeholders?

Thanks

Hert

Re: Labeling a black and white image

Post by Hert » 20 Sep 20 12:47

A Version Set shares the same catalog labels. If you want to assign different Catalog Labels for different images then Stacking instead of Versioning is the way to do it.

You can also use a Place Holders for this (create a B/W placeholder) and then you can store the B/W image in the B/W Place Holder for the version set.

Personally I'd favor the Stacking approach.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mke

Post by Mke » 20 Sep 20 20:28

Personally I stick with versions, and apply the label 'monochrome from color original'. As the RAW and TIFs / JPGs are in different folders in my case (see my folder structure) it's not a problem for me, and if I'm reviewing the RAWs it's useful to know that I have a monochrome version.

Tom Husband

Post by Tom Husband » 21 Sep 20 6:17

Yes, I think I'll stick with versions too. I converted a few versions to stacks but access is a bit different. Originally I didn't want the B&W label on the RAW file but now I don't think it matters and might be preferential knowing there's a B&W within the versions.

Thanks.