Dual monitor GUI issues

TwinTraveller

Dual monitor GUI issues

Post by TwinTraveller » 18 Sep 20 15:44

Hi,

I'm new to Photo Supreme. I'm on day one of my trial, but unfortunately, the application is not playing nice with my system. I'm experiencing multiple GUI-related issues. Under normal circumstances, I would not waste time on this and simply remove the application from my system and move on, but I see a lot that I like, so hopefully I can get things sorted out.

I'm running single user, version 5.5.1.3132 on a 2018 15-inch MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.6 with external Benq PD3220U 4K monitor, positioned to the right of the MacBook Pro.

With the main Photo Supreme window on the external monitor, behaviour of pop-up and drop down windows is very random. A few examples:
  • The "About" window appears on the edge of my second monitor. Only half of the windows is actually displayed. (I can see the K from the "OK" button and everything to the right of it, but I cannot actually see the version).
    After making changes to the GEO Tag location fields, I get a pop-up asking me to apply changes. The controls (buttons & checkbox) on this pop-up do not respond to mouse input
    If the preview (with spacebar) is dragged outside the main application window, it disappears and cannot be recovered without closing the applicaiton
    When defining custom fields, the field type drop-down selection appears in the top right corner of screen 1, even though the dialog window is on screen 1
    The options menu of the preview window that is opened on screen 1, appears only partially, and on screen 2 rather than screen 1
The issues do not seem to occur when running the application on screen 1, or when configuring the external monitor to be located on the left of the MacBook Pro.

This is just a list after merely an hour play around with the application. Hopefully an easy fix is available? And no, physically swapping my screens is not considered an acceptable solution :D

Hert

Re: Dual monitor GUI issues

Post by Hert » 21 Sep 20 9:16

A warm welcome to the forum.
Thank you for reporting this. Can you share a screenshot of how your two monitors are configured in macOS (Display settings for first and second monitor, as well as the Arrangement settings).
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

TwinTraveller

Post by TwinTraveller » 21 Sep 20 18:31

Thanks for your response.
Please find requested screenshots below.
Hope this helps.
2020-09-21_19-30-06.png
2020-09-21_19-30-06.png (48.79 KiB) Viewed 343 times
2020-09-21_19-22-10.png
2020-09-21_19-22-10.png (190.34 KiB) Viewed 343 times
2020-09-21_19-22-26.png
2020-09-21_19-22-26.png (40.27 KiB) Viewed 343 times

Hert

Post by Hert » 22 Sep 20 14:33

Thank you for your screenshots. I can reproduce this here.
For now, best to align the bottoms of the two monitors in the Arrangement tab. That could be slightly helpful as a short term workaround
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

TwinTraveller

Post by TwinTraveller » 22 Sep 20 18:17

Happy to hear that you’ve been able to reproduce the behavior. An important first step in fixing an issue. :D
Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. I’ll play around with the arrangement and see what works best for me.