Change label colors?

Tom Husband

Change label colors?

Post by Tom Husband » 15 Sep 20 20:28

Some labels are green and some are orange. Is there a way to change those colors to, say blue and yellow? I have a red/green color deficiency so green and orange look the same to me. I've looked around but can't find anything.

Thanks

Hert

Re: Change label colors?

Post by Hert » 15 Sep 20 21:16

I assume you mean the Color Labels? Photo supreme follows the color scheme of Adobe: Red, Green, Yelliow, Blue, Purple. The shortcuts are Ctrl-1 to Ctrl-5

If you have difficulty distinguishing reds and greens then I recommend to use the colors you have less difficulty with.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Tom Husband

Post by Tom Husband » 16 Sep 20 6:04

Sorry I should have been more clear. I meant the colored labels for catalog labels over on the right side where they are either green or orange. If I've selected several photos and they have different keywords I get a mix a green and orange labels. These are very hard for me to differentiate.

Hert

Post by Hert » 16 Sep 20 8:40

Ah, got it now.
Looking at this site, I understand what you see and how hard it is to distinguish between orange and green
https://venngage.com/blog/color-blind-friendly-palette/

In the next build a new registry tweak is added that allows you to set a colorblind option. With that switched on, the green will become blue.

Once you get the next build installed, use this registry tweak (run it in the Tools -> Scripter)

Code: Select all

WriteToRegistry('', 'ColorBlind', 1);
To revert to default:

Code: Select all

WriteToRegistry('', 'ColorBlind', 0);
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Tom Husband

Post by Tom Husband » 16 Sep 20 9:30

Perfect! Thanks Hert. I'm liking Photo Supreme more and more. In fact I uninstalled that other DAM app I was using.

That linked article was very interesting too.

Tom Husband

Post by Tom Husband » 17 Sep 20 9:18

When using Scripter is it just a matter of pasting the code and hitting Run?
edit: Looks like that's all there is to it. I just ran the script and label colors changed. What a difference. Many thanks!