Thumbnails not displayed on import screen

Hert

Re: Thumbnails not displayed on import screen

Post by Hert » 16 Sep 20 12:33

Something else is likely wrong on your machine.

Try looking into your virus scanner settings, or any other software that you have installed that works together with the file system (e.g. backup software) and has the potential to block PSU from accessing these files.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Olof

Post by Olof » 20 Sep 20 15:59

I am running Bitdefender and I have turned it of without any luck. No backup software is running.
I don't think that PSU is blocked from accessing the files. If I click Preview on a missing thumbnail, then the image is shown. Is it the thumbnail or the image I see when I make a Preview?

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Sep 20 16:47

In the import module, the files are not yet in the database and so what you see as thumb is what psu loads from the file. What could be another possible cause is that your files have Exif metadata with a thumb in Exif. That is what PSU first tries to load. But the Exif thumbnail is incorrect. You could send me one or two sample files that I can check here.

I do assume that you’re running the latest update
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Olof

Post by Olof » 21 Sep 20 9:57

The files are to big (25MB ) to add as attachments. Are there any other means to send the files?

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Sep 20 10:47

Upload them to a cloud service (GoogleDrive/One Drive/iCloud/DropBox/WeTransfer/or the like) and then send a download link to support@iidmager.com
Thank you