Export labels?

Rhod

Export labels?

Post by Rhod » 17 Jul 20 13:55

Hi - I've decided it's time to get to grips properly with my labels. Is it possible to export the entire 'tree' of labels so that they can be edited/tidied up in, say, Excel, and then re-imported into PSu? I remember doing this in Lightroom years ago but not sure if it's possible in PSu.
Thanks
Rhod

Hert

Re: Export labels?

Post by Hert » 17 Jul 20 14:29

You can export to the Formatted Vocabulary format. Check the Data menu in the main hamburger menu.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Rhod

Post by Rhod » 17 Jul 20 14:50

Hert wrote:
17 Jul 20 14:29
You can export to the Formatted Vocabulary format. Check the Data menu in the main hamburger menu.
Hi and thanks Hert - ok, I've done that successfully and opened in Excel. I can see that the option to 'Import Formatted Vocabulary File' is also there in the hamburger menu. What format should I save it in when I finish editing in Excel? Presumably 'Tab delimited text' format? There doesn't seem to be an option to save it as a UTF8 file, though UTF16 is there. Also, will it replace the existing (which is what I want) or merge the two?
Thanks for your help
Rhod

Hert

Post by Hert » 17 Jul 20 16:02

Save it to the same format that it comes in. Text that is. Use a simple text editor to edit the text. Don't let Excel transform the format in any way.

After completion, start with a new catalog and import the file
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Rhod

Post by Rhod » 17 Jul 20 16:23

Thanks Hert - that's great!