Cannot sort manually

Mark

Cannot sort manually

Post by Mark » 09 Jul 20 0:46

I am totally lost on manually sorting.

From reading the manual and forums, I would have thought I could drag a thumbnail to any position. Yet, as soon as I click on an image to drag I get the circle/slash icon. Moving it over another thumbnail gives me the + icon. I think that has to do with stacking? (I don't understand Stacking yet, either, so I'm trying to avoid that).

This is with No Sorting selected in the View drop down.
Doesn't matter if I'm in a Collection, the Colors tab, the Folders tab, or anywhere else.
I have also tried Command-(arrows)(home)(end), etc. Nothing has worked to date.

So I'm missing something but can't figure out what it is. I've had Photo Supreme for over a year now and would really like to finally be able to do this.
I appreciate any help!
-----
Edited to add:
I get the following error when viewing a Collection, View: No Sorting, and using Command-L or R arrow:
You cannot change position when the catalog is displayed hierarchical.
I don't know what that means.

Mark
Photo Supreme Build 5.4.1 3008
MacOS 10.15.5)

Hert

Re: Cannot sort manually

Post by Hert » 09 Jul 20 6:58

When you click the counter then you get a hierarchical result (the node with all lower level nodes).

Back to manual sorting. You can sort manually in portfolio collections. Also see: https://youtu.be/yMrk2HH_zKw
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mark

Re: Cannot sort manually

Post by Mark » 09 Jul 20 11:41

I had no idea you'd created a YouTube channel. This will help a lot, thank you!

It took me a while to figure out what you meant by "counter" and "nodes" but I've got it now and it works as you show in the video. Looking forward to watching more of those. I'd love to see one on stacks.