Wrong image count of sub collections

Alfons

Wrong image count of sub collections

Post by Alfons » 13 Jun 20 11:26

I noticed that many of my dynamic sub collections do not show the correct image count. Actually they show zero images. The rules of what to include/exclude are applied correctly. Any idea how to correct that?

Thanks and best regards
Alfons

Hert

Re: Wrong image count of sub collections

Post by Hert » 13 Jun 20 13:53

My Dynamic Collections all show correct counts.

1. Maybe this is related to something specific inside your Dynamic Collection Definition. Can you share what kind of data is in the "include" rule and what is in the "exclude" rule?
2. What exact build number are you running (check upper right corner)
3. Are you using Single of Server Edition
4. If Server Edition; is that PostgreSQL or SQLServer?
5. Are you on macOS or on Windows?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 13 Jun 20 17:04

To answer your questions:

1.Include: Labels, search text; exclude file types tif, jpg; I meanwhile noticed that whenever a label is included the image count is zero. When I remove the label I see the expected image count.
2. Build number is 2967
3.Single edition
4. n.a.
5. Windows 10, Vers. 2004

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 13 Jun 20 17:11

Additional information:

Labels are selected from the "Categories" dropdown windows.

Hert

Post by Hert » 16 Jun 20 9:56

Please try this again with build 2981. You can download and install it from the website.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 16 Jun 20 15:09

Yes, it works with bild 2981. Thanks for the quick fix!

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 27 Jul 20 17:41

I noticed that the issue is back again. I have build 3022 installed.

Hert

Post by Hert » 28 Jul 20 9:49

Hi Alfons, it works fine here. I have a dynamic collection with:
1. Include Catalog Label
2. Include Free Search Text
3. Exclude File Type

Counts are displayed correctly. FWIW: I am using 3035 though nothing changed here since your 3022

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 28 Jul 20 15:04

Hert, I could reproduce the problem on my laptop with a dynamic collection including a catalog label (build 3035)

Hert

Post by Hert » 28 Jul 20 15:13

You’re going to have to provide more info. As mentioned, it works fine here with a dynamic collect that includes a catalog label and a search text. If it doesn’t work for you then please provide the full definition of your dynamic collection.

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 29 Jul 20 11:09

Hert, I am not sure what you mean with full definition. I just selected one Catalog Label to be included and nothing to be excluded. The images are found and added to the sub collection. However the image count stays zero.

Hert

Post by Hert » 29 Jul 20 15:05

That is not what I see here. These are the steps I follow:

1. Create a new collection (maybe you used an existing one??)
2. Name the collection
3. Set the type to "dynamic"
4. Add a catalog label

The result and the count are properly displayed.

Maybe you can share a video of what you do, or send me a copy of your catalog that has the collection defined in it and which shows 0 as count.

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 29 Jul 20 15:38

Hert, I followed the steps you mentioned. I also started with a new Portfolio. The result is always the same: the image count is zero.

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 29 Jul 20 15:45

Hert, maybe this is useful information for you. I created a new small Catalog. With this catalog the image count of a dynamic collection is correct using a catalog label.

Hert

Post by Hert » 29 Jul 20 16:19

Apparently you only have this in your catalog. Please send me a copy of your catalog database (no thumbs needed) if you like me to look into this.