Opening into an external editor

PaulDymond

Opening into an external editor

Post by PaulDymond » 28 May 20 3:11

With MediaPro a function I would often use was the ability to right-click on thumbnails and open them in Photoshop or any other programme. Is it possible to do this in Photo Supreme? I can't find how to do it. I would open images from MediaPro into Photoshop, make adjustments and then update the MediaPro preview to show the changes. That was I could do everything I needed from a single master RAW file.

PaulDymond

Re: Opening into an external editor

Post by PaulDymond » 28 May 20 3:13

Oops, found it!

PaulDymond

Post by PaulDymond » 28 May 20 3:15

Now I just need to figure out how to update the thumbnail to reflect the changes made in Photoshop.

Hert

Post by Hert » 28 May 20 14:56

You can update a thumb manually by pressing Cmd+Opt+T on macOS or Ctrl+Alt+T on Windows
You can scan a folder for changes by right clicking on the folder and then use Verify -> Verify Quick from its context menu
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

PaulDymond

Post by PaulDymond » 01 Jun 20 5:17

Hmmm...I've tried that but it doesn't seem to work. I make some extreme changes to a DNG file in Adobe Camera Raw and then save, hit Ctrl+Alt+T in PS but nothing changes. Do I need to do something different for Raw files as opposed to Jpegs?

Hert

Post by Hert » 01 Jun 20 7:49

Ah DNG, when saving to DNG, make sure to configure the software you use to create the DNG to include a full size preview.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

PaulDymond

Post by PaulDymond » 11 Jun 20 3:21

Gotcha! It worked. If you are working with RAW files processed in Adobe Camera Raw where the changes get written to an XMP file are these able to be read? I have tried importing a couple of Canon CR2 files as an experiment and it only shows the Straight Out Of Camera image.

HCS

Post by HCS » 11 Jun 20 13:49

Hi Paul,

You need to define what PSU needs to do wrt the raw recipes. Currently it can approximate edits for Lightroom, Capture One and DXO.

I don't know much about the Adobe suite, but i understand that ACR uses the same engine and xmp definition as does Lightroom. So, maybe switching that setting in the preferences (under File Handling) may do the trick. You'd need to rebuild the thumbs again obviously.