Importing Media Pro Catalog Sets

AlainB

Importing Media Pro Catalog Sets

Post by AlainB » 14 May 20 16:08

Media Pro Catalog Sets are a convenient way to implement hierarchical keywords.

Using PS "Migrate EM-iView CatalogSets to Portfolio" the Catalog Sets become Photo Supreme Collections inside the Portfolio
MediaPro/EM/iView

I would prefer to have the Media Pro Catalog Sets as Catalog Labels.

Is it possible ?

Hert

Re: Importing Media Pro Catalog Sets

Post by Hert » 14 May 20 19:28

There is no script that I know of that converts a portfolio structure to a catalog label structure.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

AlainB

Post by AlainB » 14 May 20 21:43

So I am left with the tedious procedure:
- Select the Portfolio screen
- Select all pictures with a given value of a Collection inside the Portfolio MediaPro/EM/iView
- Drag them to the Image basket
- Select the Categories screen
- Drag the pictures in the Basket to the relevant catalog label structure.
- Empty the basket
- Repeat

Hert

Post by Hert » 14 May 20 22:45

Catalog Sets and Keywords in MediaPro are different concepts.
Like that, Portfolios and Catalog Labels are the comparable concepts in PSU. Catalog Sets are Portfolios, Keywords are Catalog Labels

I hope you are aware of what you’re doing.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

AlainB

Post by AlainB » 15 May 20 9:30

On the other hand the IVMP3 manual gives as an example of Catalog Set the set "Models" : Christine; Danny; Michelle

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 May 20 9:42

Those are indeed good examples of Catalog Sets/Portfolio Collections. But the Portfolio (Catalog Set) "Models -> Christine" should not necessarily contain *all* the photos of Christine. It could be the set of the "best of Christine". Catalog label Christine, on the other hand, shows *all* photos from Christine.
You can have a Catalog Label "Christine" that is assigned to all images that show Christine. And you can have a Catalog Set "Models -> Christin" that has a selection of Christine.
This is the difference between Managing (catalog labels/keywords) and Organizing (portfolios/catalog sets)

Also read through the Cataloging manual. Find it in the ? menu from the left side bar.
After importing images to the catalog, you can use the many Photo Supreme features to
organize images in Portfolio albums, manage the images by adding metadata like keywords,
or use the advanced search features for retrieval.

AlainB

Post by AlainB » 15 May 20 10:08

As far as I understand there was no way in Media Pro to assign the label Model/Christine to a picture other than a Catalog Set.

Mke

Post by Mke » 15 May 20 19:27

Hi Alain

I'm not familiar with Media Pro, however there's an old thread on the Exiftool forum that might help?

See https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php?topic=2668.0