Importing Media Pro Category tags

AlainB

Importing Media Pro Category tags

Post by AlainB » 13 May 20 16:48

I am a new PS user, migrating from Media Pro.

After import of my test files into PS, the Media Pro tags "Category" appear in the Advanced XMP panel as %xmp:photoshop:Category

Is there a way to have a "Catalog Label" with this information ?

Thanks

Hert

Re: Importing Media Pro Category tags

Post by Hert » 13 May 20 17:52

A warm welcome to the forum.
You can use this script to create catalog labels for any macro command;

Use right click on a selected thumb -> Run script from repository -> Catalog -> Macro Command to Catalog Label
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

AlainB

Post by AlainB » 13 May 20 19:00

Thank you

This macro does create entries in the Miscellaneous "Catalog Label" for the values of the Media Pro Category tags

AlainB

Post by AlainB » 13 May 20 20:19

However the macro fails for the Media Pro "Supplemental Category" when this tag is multi valued. In such a case an empty entry is created in the Miscellaneous "Catalog Label"

Hert

Post by Hert » 14 May 20 11:19

You can create a custom thumb line with your macro to check the value it holds. That will be the value that the script uses to create a catalog labels. I believe that "supplemental categories" is a multi values field and the outcome of the macro will be a comma separated list of the values. And that is what will be used to create a catalog label for. You won't get individual labels for each value.

The script was just updated and now you can use a split separator. That would make it useable for multi value results in the parsed macro value.

Again, use right click on a selected thumb -> Run script from repository -> Catalog -> Macro Command to Catalog Label

BTW; why would you create catalog labels for these metadata fields?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

AlainB

Post by AlainB » 14 May 20 14:56

When I scanned my dias (years ago) I used the Media Pro "supplemental categories" to store the value of the year of the shooting.

This was may be a bad practice but I would like nevertheless Ito recover this information in PS.

Hert

Post by Hert » 14 May 20 20:15

Did you try my tip to set the macro as a custom thumb line do you can check it’s value?

AlainB

Post by AlainB » 15 May 20 10:55

I tried it for a picture with two Media Pro "Supplemental Category" A and B

The picture was assigned the Miscellaneaous category B,A

Thank you

Hert

Post by Hert » 15 May 20 12:28

use the new split option with a comma separator and you’ll get two labels

AlainB

Post by AlainB » 15 May 20 12:59

It does work.