I treated myself with the filters...

Ralf

I treated myself with the filters...

Post by Ralf » 02 May 20 15:02

I have a question about the filters, I have filters with * .msf and * .idfilter in the folder Appdata \ local \ ID ... \ Filters.

According to the label, I created it myself and already used it,
I can only select * .msf in the window where the thumbnails are displayed when loading the filter macro
At which point do I use which * .idfilter?
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Re: I treated myself with the filters...

Post by Hert » 03 May 20 0:41

Filter files in PSU are named "*.idfilter". I have no idea what *.msf files are, those are not from Photo Supreme.
Maybe you can show a screenshot where you click to load such msf files.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 03 May 20 10:37

gladly, here are the screenshots
1.jpg
1.jpg (10.25 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
Load
2.jpg
2.jpg (24.88 KiB) Viewed 1521 times

this is what the directory looks like
3.jpg
3.jpg (23.23 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Post by Hert » 03 May 20 10:46

Aaaaah. Those msf files are apparently saved macro commands of the Filter by Macro Command script.

A .idfilter file is a filter script. A filter script is something that can be executed.

In this case you run the "Filter by Macro Command" filter script. You do that by starting the script from the FILTER drop down. That script allows you to enter a macro command to filter for. And inside the script you can save such macro commands. And those are saved as .msf files. And you apparently stored those in the filter folder, which is fine. You could have stored them anywhere.

In short: you run a filter script. And inside that script you can save/load macro commands from msf files.

Also read through the Advanced Filtering manual from the ? icon in the application's left sidebar. It explains the entries in the drop down on page 6.

BTW; there is no "From Repository" entry in your drop down. Did you disable the integrated repository, or was it cropped out? There are more filter scripts in the repository, apart from the "filter by macro command" script that comes installed with PSU.
FilterScripts.jpg
FilterScripts.jpg (182.01 KiB) Viewed 1508 times
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Ralf

Post by Ralf » 03 May 20 11:03

thanks for the quick help, then I probably put it there so I can find it again quickly.
I have to write things down, it's getting too much. :?

the repository, no I have not deactivated this and is also included in the menu (only not in the screenshot)
Ralf
(Excuse my english)