Versioning with new documentation

Hert

Re: Versioning with new documentation

Post by Hert » 30 Apr 20 16:18

This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Bongo

Post by Bongo » 30 Apr 20 20:36

Hert wrote:
30 Apr 20 16:18
This could help

https://repository.idimager.com/openres ... DCAD200E58
All right. I would do this solution.

I did tests with some version sets. The exchange of the placeholders works.
Album display -> Main version
Album display -> RAW

But I always lose the HD placeholder. What is the problem there?
Regards, Bongo
Photo Supreme V5 Single User Edition, Windows 10.

Hert

Post by Hert » 01 May 20 11:01

That script was written a long time ago. But since it's a script, you can adjust it if you think it needs adjusting.
Personally I would opt to re-detect the version sets with your new settings to re-install your HD placeholder.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Bongo

Post by Bongo » 01 May 20 11:52

Hert wrote:
01 May 20 11:01
Personally I would opt to re-detect the version sets with your new settings to re-install your HD placeholder.
I would like to do that but my old inventory has spaces in the file name. We have already found that no placeholders are found.
If I rename the file names with a program on Windows, does the Photo Supreme recognize?
Regards, Bongo

Hert

Post by Hert » 01 May 20 11:57

That is already resolved. Please install the latest build (currently 2853). You can download and install it from the website.

Bongo

Post by Bongo » 01 May 20 18:23

I installed the last build. Thank you.

Then I destroyed the versions from 2019 and made them new with the new settings. It took a while but it worked.

Then I imported two new folders. The process got stuck. Sometimes no preview pictures were created:
hc_217.png
hc_217.png (152.99 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
If I click on any other folder this will result:
hc_218.png
hc_218.png (142.55 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
When I restart Photo Supreme it looks normal again. But with different actions it is wrong again and I have to start again.

After each restart this comes:
hc_216.png
hc_216.png (14.34 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
Even if I also click Compact Now, it comes back after the restart.

Maybe something is wrong with the new build.
Regards, Bongo

johnbarrett

Post by johnbarrett » 02 May 20 11:41

I am getting odd imiges not showing. when you click them they display OK but go back to blank when closed.
Annotation 2020-05-02 113921.jpg
Annotation 2020-05-02 113921.jpg (39.67 KiB) Viewed 2791 times

johnbarrett

Post by johnbarrett » 02 May 20 11:49

I have downloaded the latest version and its changed, different image blanked out?
Annotation 2020-05-02 114619.jpg
Annotation 2020-05-02 114619.jpg (35.94 KiB) Viewed 2789 times

Ralf

Re: Versioning with new documentation - Addendum

Post by Ralf » 02 May 20 12:07

I have exactly the same with the version, my thumbnails are missing almost everywhere and the application hangs after 5 minutes at the latest.
Ralf

Addendum
with the .2856 the thumbnails are now displayed again and the crashes are gone.
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

johnbarrett

Post by johnbarrett » 02 May 20 15:10

With new vesion my thumbnails are all working again.

Bongo

Post by Bongo » 05 May 20 19:20

I have now installed build 2858. The problems are solved. Versioning with spaces in the file name also works. Even when importing. I'm excited. 😊

But I still have two problems.

When I do a dynamic search, all versions are shown. Not in the version set. That is confusing.
I can activate the filter "Filter Main Version". It's good. But I also have photos without a version set (mobile photos). They are not shown with the filter. You would need a filter that shows the main version and no version. Or is there another option? What can I do?

The star rating is not synchronized in the version set. It's a big problem for me. For me, the whole set has the same rating. The rating was synchronized in IDImager. Since it was the opinion that makes sense. My workflow is based on that. What can we do?

Bongo
Regards, Bongo

Hert

Post by Hert » 05 May 20 19:58

About keeping ratings and color labels the same for the entire version set; find a tweak here:
http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/

Bongo

Post by Bongo » 12 May 20 12:28

Hert wrote:
05 May 20 19:58
About keeping ratings and color labels the same for the entire version set; find a tweak here:
http://www.michaelweidner.com/WP/psu/
At first I didn't know how to use it. But I just have to copy the commands into the scripter and start it once. Cool ...
Why isn't there an option in the settings? Ah, I see right now, in IDImager there was:

I have an idea how to display the desired placeholders in the dynamic search.
In the versions there should still be a selection of the placeholders "Main Version" and "without version sets". Maybe even "without a placeholder". Then you could find all possible combinations. It was almost the same in IDImager:

With "without version set" it would be even better in Photo Supreme 😊

For the display in the catalog it should look like this:

Plus a checkbox "Always show without version set".

If all of this worked, the version handling would be perfect.
@Hert. What do you think?

[edit hert; removed screenshots of a 10 year old version]
Regards, Bongo

Hert

Post by Hert » 12 May 20 14:04

This is a user forum. Why address only me, instead of other users. They may have better input than I have

Version -> Version Sets gives you all main versions.
You can right click on an item in the Dynamic Search and switch it to "Exclude". Do that for "Versions" and you get "No versions" :) Store that as a favorite if you want to use it frequently

Bongo

Post by Bongo » 13 May 20 14:11

Hert wrote:
12 May 20 14:04
This is a user forum. Why address only me, instead of other users. They may have better input than I have
Okay.
Hert wrote:
Version -> Version Sets gives you all main versions.
If I only search for version sets, the result is correct. But when I add a parameter, all the placeholders come back. That's not correct. Or am I wrong?
hc_259.png
hc_259.png (227.42 KiB) Viewed 1997 times
hc_260.png
hc_260.png (193.4 KiB) Viewed 1997 times
Hert wrote:
You can right click on an item in the Dynamic Search and switch it to "Exclude". Do that for "Versions" and you get "No versions" :) Store that as a favorite if you want to use it frequently
Exklude finds "No Versions". That's true. I need all Includes or Excludes in Dynamic Search. When I first turn the Dynamic Search and Exclude Version Set it is red. When I drag the second Version Set into Dynamic Search there is only a white one in it.

Bongo
Regards, Bongo