Versioning with new documentation

Bongo

Re: Versioning with new documentation

Post by Bongo » 17 May 20 16:22

Bongo wrote:
13 May 20 14:11

If I only search for version sets, the result is correct. But when I add a parameter, all the placeholders come back. That's not correct. Or am I wrong?
hc_259.png
hc_260.png

Exklude finds "No Versions". That's true. I need all Includes or Excludes in Dynamic Search. When I first turn the Dynamic Search and Exclude Version Set it is red. When I drag the second Version Set into Dynamic Search there is only a white one in it.
Dear forum,

can you confirm that it is the same with them? Or am I doing something wrong again? I would be grateful if someone could reproduce that.

Bongo
Regards, Bongo
Photo Supreme V5 Single User Edition, Windows 10.

Hert

Post by Hert » 18 May 20 11:35

Bongo wrote:
13 May 20 14:11
If I only search for version sets, the result is correct. But when I add a parameter, all the placeholders come back. That's not correct. Or am I wrong?
That may be related to how you've set your preference Catalog -> Versioning -> Version Set Display. Here's the default.
Versions.png
Versions.png (58.95 KiB) Viewed 366 times
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Bongo

Post by Bongo » 18 May 20 14:27

Thanks for your help.

That's true. It has to do with it. With "Always together as a Set", the main version is always displayed in Dynamic Search.

But I have every version in a folder. When I click the folder in Folders I always see the main version. That's why I set “As a Set in Category” (default). Finally, I want to find the different placeholders.

By the way. If I use the placeholder e.g. Combine HD with the timeline, it comes as intended.

Example 1 with placeholder HD is good:
hc_275.png
hc_275.png (3.8 KiB) Viewed 369 times
hc_276.png
hc_276.png (228.06 KiB) Viewed 369 times

Example 2 with placeholder "Main version" is bad:
hc_281.png
hc_281.png (4.3 KiB) Viewed 369 times
hc_282.png
hc_282.png (193.54 KiB) Viewed 369 times

Example 3 with without a placeholder is good:
hc_277.png
hc_277.png (4.81 KiB) Viewed 369 times
No more hardcopies ;-)

After all, I want a combination of examples 1 and 3 instead of HD with the main version.

I am afraid “Version Set” is not Main Version but all files that are in a Version Set. But how do I find the Main Version placeholder? Although, if I only search for "Version Set" I only see the Main Version. I'm confused. :-(
Regards, Bongo
Photo Supreme V5 Single User Edition, Windows 10.

Hert

Post by Hert » 18 May 20 14:38

Change the Preference setting I pointed out. If you set it as "As a set in Category" then a version is always shown *all* versions for that set (except in Categories; as the name implies). Always together as a set is the default.

PS> I updated the screenshot I posted before so that it shows the default values.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system