Geo tagging problems

Sigi

Geo tagging problems

Post by Sigi » 20 Feb 20 11:15

Hello,
I am on build 2722 and ran into an issue with Geo-tagging, all this on a Mac, Mojave:

- lookup does not work. I get No Geo-coordinates found for München
- right-click on the map and then search for München, I get the coordinates BUT
if I then click on "Reverse" I get an error message: Error 500

Api key was checked, Firewall is off, but I also tried it with on - no change.
The problems started with the upgrade to the latest bult. Have never had any problems with geo-tagging since I started with PSU a year ago.

Thanks in advance

Sigi

Hert

Re: Geo tagging problems

Post by Hert » 20 Feb 20 14:34

The forward and reverse lookups work fine here. Can anyone else confirm if it's working?
thank you
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 20 Feb 20 14:39

Just worked for me in both directions ...
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

bonsatis

Post by bonsatis » 20 Feb 20 16:01

There is definitely something a bit odd which I'm not sure is the same problem as above. Running on an iMac running High Sierra running the Server version with the database on this Mac the forward and reverse Geo lookups work fine. However, if I use my Mac laptop (Mojave) running the server version accessing the database on the iMac then for the reverse lookup I also get Error 500. I was going to report this as a separate problem but it looks very similar to the one above. As I recall, even though the API key is correct I'm getting Error 500 for several of the Google supported functions.

Sigi

Post by Sigi » 24 Feb 20 11:10

No one with similar problems except bonsatis and me?

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 24 Feb 20 11:44

Surely "500 Internal Server Error" is an error at the google server end or maybe something in the format of the request sent from the machine that's making the request ....
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Sigi

Post by Sigi » 27 Feb 20 8:04

I have now deleted my account with Google and started from scratch again. Still the same problem.

Hert

Post by Hert » 27 Feb 20 11:04

Is it always failing or randomly?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Sigi

Post by Sigi » 27 Feb 20 11:20

Always failing.
What confuses me is:
- Hert, your test was successful with the link you sent me
- that it came out of the blue, it worked for almost a year and now these issues.

Hert

Post by Hert » 27 Feb 20 12:22

That link I sent you is the exact call that PSU is sending.

I just tried it here on Cataline, Mojave, High Sierra, and Sierra and all work fine. Also, as explained before, PSU did not make any changes in these routines for "ages". It could be that something changed on your end, or at your Internet Provider, or that Google made some changes for the server that you're connecting with.

Other things you could check:
1. Did your IP address change?
2. Did your connectivity change?
3. Did you change provider?
4. Is there anything that could deny PSU access to the server
5. Is there some restriction configured in your Google Account for your API. This could be volume restrictions, budget limits, IP restriction, http restriction
6. Did your Credit Card perhaps expire?
7. Try an online search for Google Geocoding error 500
8. Have you contacted Google about this?

FWIW; if Google returns more information with the 500 result then in the next update that additional information will also be displayed. But I don't think Google returns more than "error 500"

Hert

Post by Hert » 27 Feb 20 12:35

(added the "credit card expired" suggestion)

Hert

Post by Hert » 02 Mar 20 11:16

Another suggestion; are you using IPv4 or IPv6?

Space42

Post by Space42 » 04 Mar 20 20:30

Hello,
I can confirm the problem of Sigi, same behavior here on MacBook with Mojave, PSU Build 2740

- right-click on the map and then search
- I get the coordinates as expected

If you than click the reverse button, you get the "HTTP Error code 500"

- I checked again my API settings and set it to "No restrictions"
- confirmed my credit Card again

Nothing helped, same Errror.

Thanks
Martin Grischke (Space42)
MacBook Pro

Sigi

Post by Sigi » 05 Mar 20 11:29

Good to know that I am not the only one. In the meantime I was in touch with Google Cloud support. They have checked on their side and it seems everything is ok. I am working with Hert on this also and keep you posted.

Sigi

Post by Sigi » 07 Mar 20 15:31

Hello Space42
the latest update fixed the geo-tagging problems for me. Hope the update works for you also.

A big thank you to Hert who found the problem and fixed it rather quickly.

Sigi