"Show a login dialog on startup" ignored

bimo

"Show a login dialog on startup" ignored

Post by bimo » 02 Feb 20 19:28

When starting PSu with params (for eg -s, -D, -A) the state of the checkbox "Show a login dialog on startup" is ignored; is there a different way to show the login dialog to eg change the user or is it a bug?
Michael

Hert

Re: "Show a login dialog on startup" ignored

Post by Hert » 02 Feb 20 21:51

When The login dialog is always skipped when Server and databasename and username and password are passed on the command line. If you don't pass the username and password then the login dialog will be shown
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

bimo

Post by bimo » 02 Feb 20 22:34

Thanks, I will do as you proposed.
Michael

bimo

Post by bimo » 04 Feb 20 11:02

Hert, I have only params -S, -D, -A on the comand line; explicitly NOT -U and -P! The login dialog isn't shown although requested in prefs.
Michael

Hert

Post by Hert » 04 Feb 20 11:57

You probably already have login details in the registry which PSU loads as the last used login details.

What are you trying to achieve? If you want a login dialog then don't provide any connectivity details on the command line. You can provide them in the login dialog anyway and they will be remembered
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

bimo

Post by bimo » 04 Feb 20 13:09

Well, I do have multiple catalogs on different servers (stationary and mobile) and for each of them a separate link with the details -S, D- A. I'm on the server version (Postgresql), where you can't be logged in to the same catalog with the admin user more than once. But at he time being you can't change the user in the login dialog and if the admin user was accidentally the last one used on a second PC you want to work on in parallel you don't have any chance to alter the user and thus can't login at all.

And I really don't want to retype server, db and PSu resources on each login, when aiming at a different catalog.
Michael