Shift-click stops working

johnlill

Shift-click stops working

Post by johnlill » 13 Jan 20 1:22

I'm a new user of PS. When I want to select a range of images, I click the 1st image and then shift-click on the last image. But several times lately, that will only work for a while and then stops working. I can either use CMD-click to select multiple images, or restart Photo Supreme. After the restart, shift-click works as expected - at least until it stops working again. Any idea what the problem could be? I am running PS 5.3.0.2643 and Mac os X Mojave 10.14.6.

Hert

Re: Shift-click stops working

Post by Hert » 13 Jan 20 9:54

I have no idea why you get that and this has also never been reported before.
Instead of restarting, try to press Cmd-R to repopulate the active open set of images.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

johnlill

Post by johnlill » 13 Jan 20 16:58

Thanks, Hert. Cmd-R did not help. The only way I've found to to restore the ability to use shift-click is to restart the application.

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 13 Jan 20 17:04

Its not like in Windows when you have the Preview window open then Shift-Click merely selects the next image to preview, rather than selecting a range of images (preview only shows one image at a time) catches me out frequently :-)
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

johnlill

Post by johnlill » 13 Jan 20 21:59

Thanks. I am selecting multiple images to apply labels, description, etc. Shift-click only only works for a while in PS, then it stops working until I restart the app.
Last edited by johnlill on 14 Jan 20 15:29, edited 2 times in total.

johnlill

Post by johnlill » 14 Jan 20 1:56

Geoff - NOW I get what you are saying! If I use the embedded viewer, no problem because I hit escape to go back to the grid view and can select with shift-click. But if I view an image on my 2nd monitor, I cannot shift-click multiple images until I hit esc to close the preview. Dumb user error :). Once again, thanks for your help. You have been very helpful as I'm learning the terrific DAM!