DXO - Projects

Sigi

DXO - Projects

Post by Sigi » 20 Nov 19 9:05

Hello,
in DXO you have the ability to create "Projects" - similar to "Portfolios" in PSU. I have tried to create a project in DXO by selecting all files of a portfolio in PSU and open it with DXO from within PSU.

Unfortunately there is now project created in DXO. Is there a way to do that or would that be feature request. In case this is a feature request who do I ask for that feature, DXO or PSU or both?

Thanks

Sigi

Hert

Re: DXO - Projects

Post by Hert » 20 Nov 19 12:13

PSU writes portfolio collection info in the metadata as mwg-coll:Collections. This is the industry standard for this.
If you want DXO to pick up your collections then request them to read this metadata field.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 20 Nov 19 19:37

Hi Sigi,
I am using DxO too. I don't thing DxO understands the xmp mwg-coll:Collections that Hert mentions.

In fact, when I used DxO Optics Pro 10 I learned the hard way not to mess with the metadata in DxO, but exclusively use PSu for cataloging. Some of the DNGs looked really weird and only with DxO Optics Pro 11 they managed to fix this...

Now, with DxO PhotoLab 3, I am still ignoring any of their new cataloging features.
But I guess here is a way, what you could try:
(1) Create your Portfolio in PSu.
(2) Select all images in PSu and open them via the DxO PhotoLab shortcut directly from within PSu.
(3) This will start DxO and ONLY show the photos that you selected in PSu.
(4) In DxO PhotoLab create your Project from these files.

Cheers,
Frank

fbungarz

Post by fbungarz » 20 Nov 19 19:38

PS: For this workflow it is crucial to open the images from withing PSu. You can add any application to PSu via "Preferences - Other Settings - External Applications".

Sigi

Post by Sigi » 21 Nov 19 11:44

Problem solved. I have not rebooted my computer in weeks, it was always on. I updated all the software. Rebooted the mac and it works.
as you describe it Frank and the Project is created automatically. Dxo does not use the portfolio name for the project it creates but the year of the first photo in the portfolio is used. I can live with that.