Problem with red color label on import

Larry56

Problem with red color label on import

Post by Larry56 » 04 Nov 19 18:09

As I reported in the importing thread when applying a detail profile on import the color label was assigned Red although the details import showed no label. I wanted to create a new detail profile to see if one of my old ones was causing a problem so moved all the detail profiles out of the Details profiles on Windows 10 appdata. I then started PSU 5.1.2.2493 and clicked on the detail profiles pane and selected create new. A dialog box open to fill in the details but when I started to scroll down the dialog box disappeared and my whole computer locked up. I couldn't close PSU and couldn't even use Ctrl-Alt-Del so had to power off with mouse.

Thinking maybe it's because I hand moved existing profiles out and moved them back into appdata, started PSU and then clicked on create new. Same thing happened in that everything locked up.

Regarding the turning red color label on import I unchecked apply detail for the import profile and just imported without details. That went fine and then after import applied the details to the newly imported files and that worked fine with no color labels changed. Something about the import with details applied must kick in the red label application?

Thankfully not synchronization problems.

Hert

Re: Problem with red color label on import

Post by Hert » 04 Nov 19 18:42

1. Either your import profile has a red color label configured for it,
2. or you have a red color label definition in the preferences that is empty
3. or you have a catalog label assigned that also has te red color label in the detail profile of the catalog label
4. or the red color label is already in the imported images
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 04 Nov 19 21:17

Until v5 none of my imports had the red color assigned. It only started with the last update to fix the synchronization issue. All my details hare showing no label.

I plan on creating a new details to use when import so we'll see how it works. First though I have the problem of the computer hanging up when trying to create a profile.

Hert

Post by Hert » 05 Nov 19 16:10

fix the synchronization issue
I assume you mean the lockup after import. That was not a synchronization issue but an import profile issue which hung the process at the point where it triggered the synchronization after import.

Did you check the 4 possible reasons I outlined?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 05 Nov 19 18:23

Thanks for the clarification of the "synchronization issue".

Yes, I check the 4 possible issues and everything looked OK with no red label assignments.

Do you have any thoughts on why I can't create a new detail profile and PSU becomes totally unresponsive?

[edit] I just installed build 2500 and was able to create a new details profile. I will report back on my red color label problem.

Is there a way to see what detail profile I'm looking at when I open it. As an example I have a Sony Import Details profile but I don't see anywhere that title is displayed.

Larry56

Post by Larry56 » 05 Nov 19 19:51

Looks like I need to go back to square one on learning importing. I've made some test import profiles and none of them apply red label so I'll just re-create the ones I need.

One thing I noticed in my existing profiles is although it said "no label" the icon was green for replace. Maybe that's why turned red?