Google Maps not displayed

Alfons

Google Maps not displayed

Post by Alfons » 20 Oct 19 18:37

I have a valid API key and added the applications Maps Javascript API, Maps Elevation API, Geocoding API and Cloud Vision API. I can perform on the Geo Tag panel Reverse Searches using the existing coordinates. Also, I can detect labels using Artificial Intelligence. This tells me that the Google Cloud Platform Console is obviously configured correctly. However, Google Maps are not displayed. Any idea how to correct that?
Thanks and best regards,
Alfons

Alfons

Re: Google Maps not displayed

Post by Alfons » 20 Oct 19 19:39

Now the below error message pops up with the Display on Map command. Perhaps this is useful to solve the issue.
Error message.jpg
Error message.jpg (30.77 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Thanks
Alfons

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Oct 19 19:53

Try to re-install the software. Does that help?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 20 Oct 19 22:05

A re-installation did not help. Now the below error message shows up. The standard browser is Google Chrome.
Error message2.jpg
Error message2.jpg (23.94 KiB) Viewed 528 times
Thanks and regards,
Alfons

Hert

Post by Hert » 20 Oct 19 22:15

Did you install using the same Windows user account that also runs the software?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 21 Oct 19 10:40

Yes, same account for installation and running the software.

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Oct 19 11:02

What Windows version are you using? Google Maps needs IE 11 or higher to be installed.
Either you don't have IE11 installed or you're missing some registry settings which are written during the installation, maybe you're using some kind of registry cleaning?

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 21 Oct 19 11:31

I am using windows 10 Version 1903. IE 11 is installed. I am not running any registry cleaning.

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Oct 19 13:41

Make sure that you set these registry values and restart the application afterwards.
These values are set during installation.

Code: Select all

Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_96DPI_PIXEL
Value: IDimagerSU.exe
Type: dword 
Value 1

Code: Select all

Key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
Value: IDimagerSU.exe
Type: dword
Value: 11000

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 21 Oct 19 14:24

Hert, I appreciate your help. However, I do not know how make the proposed changes/corrections. After calling up the Registry Editor I do not know where to start and what to do. I would need more detailed instructions.

Thanks and best regards,
Alfons

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Oct 19 14:55

PSU installer makes the required changes. Try this;
Run the installation file by right clicking on it with Windows Explorer and then select "Run as administrator"

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 21 Oct 19 14:59

This is exactly what I did this morning. But the problem ist still there.

Hert

Post by Hert » 21 Oct 19 15:24

Then check if the mentioned registry keys are there with regedit.

FYI; HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Drill down to the mentioned key and check if the value is there

I can't do more than that. This is Microsoft stuff, not PSU. Maybe reboot the machine once.

Alfons

Post by Alfons » 21 Oct 19 15:53

Hert, I checked the registry keys. They are as they should be.

Hert

Post by Hert » 22 Oct 19 10:38

Great. But you get an error from Google that your browser is too old, meaning that Windows isn’t picking up the values. I can only assume that these two values then also exist in HKCU (current user). If so, set them to the values I’ve mentioned above.