Remove from stack / destroy stack

Mke

Re: Remove from stack / destroy stack

Post by Mke » 26 Oct 19 22:55

Hert wrote:
26 Oct 19 8:03
The only thing that can impact performance here is Preference setting: Catalog->Stacking->Default Stacks Display
Tried this with preferences set to stacked and unstacked - but made no significant difference. When set to 'stacked' my test set of images took 59 seconds; when set to 'unstacked' it took 1'1" - probably just a variation in my finger speed on the stopwatch
Hert wrote:
26 Oct 19 8:03
Try this:
1. IMPORTANT; Close all tabs
2. Open a folder that has stacks in it
3. Stack/Unstack the images
Also made no significant difference (with AV disabled too).

Also tried it in folder view and in category view - but more or less identical timings in both.

Here's a screenshot prior to stacking in category view:
StackTestA.png
StackTestA.png (694.32 KiB) Viewed 400 times

Space42

Post by Space42 » 27 Oct 19 22:13

Short Update:
Compacting Thumbnail DB finally worked after several restarts of the MacBook and PSu, whatever helped finally.
Looks that the DB was already compact before, no change in size. After a very fresh import of all my pictures just before not really a surprise.

There was no effect in the unstacking behaviour: still 2:30 min to unstack one picture of 6 in a stack, restacking was immediate.

Hert

Post by Hert » 28 Oct 19 11:16

@Mike, I notice in your screenshot that you have the view set as "stacked" is the view is set to "unstacked", is the performance then normal?
switch_off.png
switch_off.png (112.69 KiB) Viewed 356 times
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Mke

Post by Mke » 28 Oct 19 21:51

Hert wrote:
28 Oct 19 11:16
@Mike, I notice in your screenshot that you have the view set as "stacked" is the view is set to "unstacked", is the performance then normal?
No, as noted above (viewtopic.php?p=123243#p123221), it made no significant difference. When set to 'stacked' my test set of images took ±59 seconds; when set to 'unstacked' it took ±1'1".

Hert

Post by Hert » 29 Oct 19 9:04

Can you try this with the new build, which is now available on the website (no in app webupdate yet)
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Space42

Post by Space42 » 29 Oct 19 18:10

GREAT improvement Hert!

So far with build 5.1.1.2473 everything is immediate, no delay any more.
And now with the addition of
- "Top of Stack",
- the sorting of a collection by Stack
- the color support for stacks
Stacks are of a real use now. Thanks.

I guess the color for open stacks in random?

One question/improvement:
Is it possible to make it possible to just open/close one single stack e.g. by double clicking the stack symbol or by a drop down command there without open all stacks of a collection. That would PSU extremely convenient.

But again: Big performance and usability gain for Stacks. Thanks

I will read the Quick Help for sure and might comment.
Martin

Hert

Post by Hert » 29 Oct 19 18:19

That's great news. Thank you, and thanks to Mke as well.

The colours are indeed random, maintained per application session.
You can open a single stack by:
1. Right click on a stacked thumb
2. Select Show More -> From this stack

Mke

Post by Mke » 29 Oct 19 19:53

Hert wrote:
29 Oct 19 9:04
Can you try this with the new build, which is now available on the website (no in app webupdate yet)
Yes, fixes it for me too. Thanks!

Space42

Post by Space42 » 29 Oct 19 19:53

Wecome.
I realized already the "Show More .." options, which opens the Stack in a separate Tab.

My Idea war about to show the stack content of one stack only without leaving the actual collection, which would help while organizing, keeping the overview with the other collection pictures. Just a "nice to have" option ...

germie

Post by germie » 31 Oct 19 9:19

I've been off the forum for a little while.
Great the problem seems to be solved.
I agree with space42 that it would be great to have a stack or a version set being able to unfold / collapse itself within the current window.

Kind regards from Holland

Germie