save and read Portfolio + Categories / Keywords

Ralf

save and read Portfolio + Categories / Keywords

Post by Ralf » 09 Oct 19 18:15

Hi,
I use two databases, one for testing and one for my regular photos, so I have two directories (see below)
Is there a way to save the following data and read it into the other database? Creating a new manual job is often very time-consuming.

- Portfolio
- Categories / Keywords

or do I have to use the same Appdata directory?

Links of the two databases:
"C:\Program Files\IDimager Products\Photo Supreme 4\IDimagerSU.exe" -a "c:\Users\Ralf\AppData\Local\IDimager Systems, Inc\" -D E:\Fotos.cat.db"

"C:\Program Files\IDimager Products\Photo Supreme 4\IDimagerSU.exe" -a "c:\Users\Ralf\AppData\Local\IDimager Systems, Inc - Test\" -D E:\Testbilder\Test.cat.db"
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)

Hert

Re: save and read Portfolio + Categories / Keywords

Post by Hert » 09 Oct 19 20:39

You can export/import the category structure to/from file.
https://repository.idimager.com/openres ... BA39394939

You could consider using ICS reading in the test database to get Portfolios in with the import of images.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Ralf

Re: save and read Portfolio + Categories / Keywords

Post by Ralf » 10 Oct 19 18:20

thanks for the information, only leather not quite what I'm looking for, the script overwrites everything when importing. I would like to export the categories downwards from a certain point on and insert or read them in the other database at the cursor position.

Nor are the portfolios secured.
I have to search for it ;)
Ralf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby photographer with many pictures (> 100000) of the family over generations.
(Excuse my english)