Keywords and Categories

suethomo

Keywords and Categories

Post by suethomo » 08 Oct 19 8:57

I have just installed V5 and have started a new Catalog. However none of the keywords that I assigned in Adobe Bridge have come over. They all did in V4 when I imported images (under Categories).

Has anyone had this experience.

suethomo

Re: Keywords and Categories in V5

Post by suethomo » 08 Oct 19 9:43

There are labels/keywords under Categories/Miscellaneous (1500 of them) but they are greyed out and I cannot see them.

Hert

Post by Hert » 08 Oct 19 9:44

You mentioned in another topic that you killed the import, meaning it didn't finish.

Try using Tools->Read Metadata to Catalog for all Out-of-Sync images
That will finish the import of the images that you killed the import for
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

suethomo

Post by suethomo » 08 Oct 19 10:41

Thanks - tried this but no sign of any labels/keywords. Perhaps it is not possible in V5 to have keywords come over as labels when importing images?

Hert

Post by Hert » 08 Oct 19 10:51

V5 is an new iteration of V4, it's V4 extended with new features and improvements. Just like in V4, if images have keywords and you did configure PSU to import keywords to catalog labels, then they are expected to appear. First things to check:

1. Does the image that you're trying to import have keywords?
2. Did you configure PSU to import keywords? Best to use PSU with the default settings. If unsure, click the reset button in the preferences;
resetsync.png
resetsync.png (135.32 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Once you're sure that both conditions are met:
1. Select a thumbnail
2. Right click -> Metadata -> Read metadata from file (that is what Import does)

That should bring in the keywords from file. If so, do an import.
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

suethomo

Post by suethomo » 08 Oct 19 11:56

Thanks. Some success - about 75% of the images have the correct keywords, while others have none. I have checked the settings and also checked that the images have keywords in Bridge (which is where they were assigned).

suethomo

Post by suethomo » 08 Oct 19 20:58

Yes I did