Stacking settings in v5

smadell

Stacking settings in v5

Post by smadell » 20 Sep 19 21:57

I have not yet upgraded to version 5, although I will almost certainly do so in the next few days. One important question about stacking:

Can the parameters for stacking be changed? In other words, can I set stacking to be done, for instance, only on images taken less than 1 second apart (or less than 5 seconds apart, or some other time interval that I choose)? More importantly, can stacking on import be turned OFF? Can stacking be done manually?

A related question: when viewing images in the grid, it seems that showing images as stacks (rather than as individual files) is the default. Can that setting be changed?

jstartin

Re: Stacking settings in v5

Post by jstartin » 21 Sep 19 9:05

smadell wrote:
20 Sep 19 21:57
Can the parameters for stacking be changed? In other words, can I set stacking to be done, for instance, only on images taken less than 1 second apart (or less than 5 seconds apart, or some other time interval that I choose)?

If you can express it in a PSu %Macro you can do it.
More importantly, can stacking on import be turned OFF? Can stacking be done manually?

Yes to both
A related question: when viewing images in the grid, it seems that showing images as stacks (rather than as individual files) is the default. Can that setting be changed?

Yes, can be toggled on/off from the toolbar
Jim (Photo Supreme: AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz; internal AMD Radeon™ HD7560D; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; Win10x64)

smadell

Post by smadell » 21 Sep 19 21:03

One thing that Photo Supreme has lacked is good documentation, at least in some areas. Is there documentation available (a help file, a video, etc) regarding the stacking feature. If not, can someone provide a brief step-by-step as to (i) how to turn off automatic stacking, and (ii) how to stack photos manually after import? Thanks in advance!!

jstartin

Post by jstartin » 21 Sep 19 22:13

(i) If using the import wizard click "more settings" or if "use import wizard ..." is off in preferences look at the import profile display and find the apply stacking setting
PSuImportImages.png
PSuImportImages.png (40.77 KiB) Viewed 792 times

(ii) select pictures to be stacked, right click, click "stack selected files", or select pictures to be stacked, press <Shift>S
Jim (Photo Supreme: AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor 3.2 GHz; internal AMD Radeon™ HD7560D; 4GB DDR3 SDRAM; Win10x64)

G8DHE

Post by G8DHE » 22 Sep 19 11:25

The above isn't available on "Import Folder" :-(
Not sure what happens when you verify and it imports files either ?
Geoff Mather (G8DHE)

Hert

Post by Hert » 22 Sep 19 11:39

None of the advanced settings from the "Import" feature are available when using "Import from Folder". That always uses the default settings. Just as you can't change "Apply versioning", your can't change "Apply stacking" when using "Import from Folder".

I assume what you actually would want is to define a better stacking rul so that it doesn't interfere when using "Import from Folder". Maybe copy the rule from versioning and use that also as your stacking rule?
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system