Embedded Viewer not working

paulrbarnard

Embedded Viewer not working

Post by paulrbarnard » 02 Sep 19 1:32

A short time ago I enabled the default viewer to be a second screen. I decided I didn't like it and switched back to the embedded viewer option. However it doesn't work. If I double click an image the image displays in the OS-X Preview app. If I hit space bar then I get a floating window, which I assume is the OS-X quick view. I just don't seem to be able to get back to the embedded viewer. Any ideas?

Hert

Re: Embedded Viewer not working

Post by Hert » 02 Sep 19 6:29

If you double click on a thumb for a file with extension that is defined as an "Other File Extension" in Preferences -> File Handling then PSU will open the default associated application (which could be macOS Preview).
If this is a file extension which PSU supports native then make sure that the extension is not listed as a "Other File Extension".
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

paulrbarnard

Re: Embedded Viewer not working

Post by paulrbarnard » 03 Sep 19 15:06

Hert, thanks for the reply. I had changed nothing in the "Other File Extensions" for a long time. I added .lmnr about a year ago...
The other interesting aspect is that this morning it is back to the original operation and the embedded viewer is working. That prompted me to check this post to see if there was an update. I checked the "Other File Extensions" on your suggestion and I did have .jpg in the list but that file type was opening correctly in the embedded viewer this morning, but they didn't last night... Anyway I have removed .jpg as a precaution against a reoccurrence.