Swapping image hard drive

Stephen

Swapping image hard drive

Post by Stephen » 03 Jul 19 11:43

I am about to swap my image hard drive and cannot remember exactly how I did it last time.

All images are kept on an external drive, which is cloned regularly. I now need to swap the drive.

I remember the process was as simple as selecting it from within PSu. However, this time I would like to change the name of the folder from the long "Image-Library-B" to the shorter "LibB". Would it be best to first let PSu locate the drive and then change the folder name afterwards from within PSu? I figure that the database will have a lot of paths to re-allocate during the process so renaming before or renaming afterwards is the question?
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.

Hert

Re: Swapping image hard drive

Post by Hert » 03 Jul 19 13:29

After swapping the drive, in Folders, select the top node, right click and "Map to the correct physical path"
This is a User-to-User forum which means that users post questions here for other users.
Feature requests, change suggestions, or bugs can be logged in the ticketing system

Stephen

Re: Swapping image hard drive

Post by Stephen » 06 Jul 19 15:11

Thanks, easy peasy, that was the $64k solution! I'm so pleased that I decided years ago to put all images on an external drive.
Never say never change, but using Mac since 2005. Photo Supreme 3.3.0.2605. I endorse the interoperability of files between applications and systems.